Community Forum

1Gig speeds - speeds vary a lot; uploads keep getting limited to 1-5MB instead of 35MB

Regular Visitor

1Gig speeds - speeds vary a lot; uploads keep getting limited to 1-5MB instead of 35MB

I've had 1Gig/35 service now for several months and its been very up/down;  I can get 700-800 thru my router, and usually 40 up. However I frequently I start my day having to reboot the comcast modem because the download or upload speed is down to 100/5; rebooting the modem (and not the router) typically gets the speeds back up.

Right now I'm stuck at slow upload. I'm  directly connected from my win10 system to the modem at this time. I get 618Mbps up, and 1.3MBps down... 

Ok 618 I can live with, 1.3 I cant.

System, Event and firewall logs are all empty.

While I"m running this test without a router in place, I have a netgear nighthawk x4s running the latest sw.

The modem is in bridge mode.

I'm running win10 pro  1709 os build 16299.431 (I've held off on the 1803 heartburn)

I've contacted customer support but havent made any progress;

Given the type of modem there is only one light on it, which is 'white'  when its "ready for action" only changes colors when its rebooted.

Below are screen shots of what looks useufl. I didnt see any page which gave me power levels...

Thanks

-jim

modem.jpgdownstream.jpgupstream.jpgcmerr.jpg

swrev.jpg

Expert

Re: 1Gig speeds - speeds vary a lot; uploads keep getting limited to 1-5MB instead of 35MB

Hi @Jim73

I suspect your modem needs to be replaced. It would prob be best to get an employee to take a look at your modem/node health first though. 

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 1Gig speeds - speeds vary a lot; uploads keep getting limited to 1-5MB instead of 35MB

Jim73, let's take a look at those upload speeds. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!