Community Forum

1G service, only 50Mbit down

New Poster

1G service, only 50Mbit down

Tech came today and installed 1G service.  Using the standard Comcast provided gateway, no additional routers or anything.  Every connected device gets between 40 - 60MBit down.  Have repeatedly tried rebooting the gateway w/ support.  Only told they'll send another tech.  Anything I can check myself?

Valued Contributor
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 1G service, only 50Mbit down

@gnarlexmarx wrote:

Tech came today and installed 1G service.  Using the standard Comcast provided gateway, no additional routers or anything.  Every connected device gets between 40 - 60MBit down.  Have repeatedly tried rebooting the gateway w/ support.  Only told they'll send another tech.  Anything I can check myself?

FYI, there is a new Xfinity Speed Test; give it a try:

https://speedtest-beta.xfinity.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@gnarlexmarx wrote:

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi bobhc. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with troubleshooting your speed issues. As 'EG' has asked, are you able to confirming these speed test results are consistent when performing the speed test while being hardwired via ethernet to the modem?

We would like to assist, however we will need a bit more information about your situation. 

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi gnarlexmarx. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.