Community Forum

10.0.0.1 view connected devices doesn't load

New Poster

10.0.0.1 view connected devices doesn't load

I have the vertical standing wireless gateway modem I have been using for some time.  Over the past couple weeks, when I go to 10.0.0.1 to view connected devices, I click on the link and just a white  blank page loads.  All other functions work just fine, like parental controls, port forwarding etc...

I have factory reset the modem and it will work then for a few hours, then it stops working again.  Tech support was useless and had no idea what 10.0.0.1 was anyways.  

I don't know how else to assign static IPs let alone view device IPs, as I am trying to setup Foscam wireless IP security cameras.  

The support from Comcast is terrible.  Can anyone else here help?

New Poster

Re: 10.0.0.1 view connected devices doesn't load

Same problem here

Silver Problem Solver

if one page shows up blank sometime after a Hard reset that suggests a failing device where a bleeder risistor is failing or perhaps a capacitor is liaking.

In any event, if it were me, I would swap it out and get something more reliable.

If the device is a Gateway Device from Comcast, you could call in and have them bridge it to turn it into a straight modem and then hang a Quality Wireless Router of your own out in front.

New Poster

Yeah, basically after a reset it would work for a few days then not work again.  After trying to enable port forwarding for some wireless IP cams and realizing it wasn't possible, I did the online chat and had bridge mode enabled.  I can now manage my own subnet and I don't have to worry about using the Arris to view connected devices.

I want to mention to anyone else that the online chat is the way to go for advanced technical support.  Originally, they wanted me to talk to the Premium support or whatever it's called, and pay $80 for troubleshooting the port forwarding or enabling bridge mode.  Online chat had it done in 15 minutes.

New Poster

My experience is when you reserve the same ip twice for two separate devices. I accidentally did this and had to hard reset to fix this.
New Poster

Same problem here, 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:7.6.59M

Software Image Name:TS070659M_092613_MODEL_862_GW_CT_SIP_PC20

reset power no good.

Cannot open VIEW CONNECTED DEVICES, firefox treats it like an empty .txt file.

Safari no go, just a blank page, like the php is gone?

Looks like I am into a hard reset that's a pain.

Contributor

I believe Comcast updated the software and caused this problem. I have no proof of that, just that I used to have the following software and did not have this issue with the connected devices page being blank.

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.6.59C
Software Image Name: TS070659C_050313_MODEL_862_GW_CT

Now I have this:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.6.59M
Software Image Name: TS070659M_092613_MODEL_862_GW_CT_SIP_PC20

I see that someone else also has this same update and has the blank page problem too.

Looks like we'll be waiting for Comcast to update their software again. Question: Aren't updates supposed to make things work better, not break what was already working?

Regular Visitor

I believe TooMuchTime is correct. I've run into this problem repeated over the last 2-3 weeks. 

I had tech support do a full factory reset because putting a paper clip in the reset hole wasn't doing it.

So, then I commenced resetting static IPs for our family devices. I got three of 11 reset and *poof!* the Connected Devices page went to white screen again. 

The tech dude said that this appears to have happened after a software update and that there should be another update soon. 

I'm not going to hard reset again just to get part way through the process. 

On top of that, about the same time, our internet connection began to drop randomly every day, repeatedly. We've had guys out to the house twice. A new modem was installed even though the original was only 3 months out of its wrapper. Of course the connection never drops while they're here testing it.

So, looks like we're all waiting for a new software update to fix the problem that was created by the last update.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem here. I thought they were suppose to contact us when they had a software update for there router

Regular Contributor

Same problem here.  I started another thread after doing a search and not finding this one already open.  Same as everyone else - resetting the router does nothing, all other options are fine, etc. etc.

New Poster

I have the same problem, I was adding a static IP address for a device- 10.0.0.100 and lost the ability see connected devices. it just loads up a blank white page now.

New Poster

I am another user that can be added to this problem area.  I've been having this problem for several weeks, but at one time yesterday, I was able to get a partial load of the connected devices page - some of the data were displayed. Then trying again, several times, all I got were blank screens. Very frustrating. 

Using different browsers made no difference, and clearing the browser cache didn't help either.

Silver Problem Solver

What happens wnen you have a limited number of devices connected?  (Like Power down all cellphones, game consoles and laptops for a test)

What happens if you take the router back to facrory defaults and then reconfigure from scratch?

At what step in the Reconfiguration does failure occur?

New Poster

This is because of their upgrades to IPv6. 

DO NOT FACTORY RESET!!!

Although normally factory resetting is great, I've heard people get about 2 minutes in the graphic user interface (GUI) before it disappears on you.

IF THIS ACTUALLY WORKS (I"ve needed to factory reset for other purposes before being locked out and it didn't work) you will give yourself a headache with that 16 character random wifi password again. You may be able to call support to change it, but that sucks.  I posted about this two weeks ago.

Also another blunder, because of the IPv6 Arris & Technicolor gateways are not letting Xbox One multiplayer gameplay.  If you like gaming you should have your own router anyway but still if it's all you got you need to call Comcast to disable IPv6 on their end. Arris & Technicolor customers can login to their GUI but that's local IPv6 that you can disable. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Kimberlu82 wrote:

but still if it's all you got you need to call Comcast to disable IPv6 on their end.  

AFAIK that is not possible per customer..

New Poster

Update - I had a problem with  my modem/router that it was assigning duplicate IP's in addition to the connected devices not loading. So comcast tech support recommended to swap my device for another one - the problem went away including the connected devices page now loads. Not sure if its related - but definitely a device change did it for me.

Frequent Visitor

Jinxmeistr - Can you check the Version level of the new router they gave you?

New Poster

This is what I see when I go to my account via https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/MyServices/

I have an Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TM402P

Contributor

I was able to get into the list by changing my subnet mask and DHCP Lease Time to 24 hours. But I still think it is bugged because when I attempt to make a save inside of the Device list it will go back to the blank page again. Just odd, I hope they fix this soon.

Update: The page still acts up, I just said screw it and contacted customer support via chat and told them to put the modem into bridge mode so does not emit wifi. Sticking with my Asus router which has a much better UI and tons of more features for me to tweak. Not to mention the comcast modem ui is beyond slow.

New Poster

I am hitting same issue. Page is blank for http://10.0.0.1/connected_devices_computers.php

Will someone update this? I have some IPs which are saved.

Contributor

Looks like my next purchase is a new router with at least N capability; Z if I can afford it. Then I'll have Comcast bridge the unit.

My neighbor has U-verse and their residential gateway puts out a wireless signal that will practically make you sterile. My son's Xbox only showed 2.5 bars with our Comcast wifi network (the router is 30 feet away in my office) but the neighbor's U-verse wifi was 5 bars which is in the house next to us.

These Arris gateways are worse than useless.

New Poster

Guys

I have been having gthe same issue.. I was on the phone with Comcast for 2 hours.. their service was disasterous... After 4 different technications and 5 hardware resets i still have the same porblem, after reservig two IP addresses the devices connected page would be blank again!!!! 

I stumbled onto this.. it was worked 3 times for me...

1. I like my gateway address to be 192.168.1.1 <- on tech said that this address would not work and that htis was the problem

2. After each hardware reset I had the same problem after adding 2 resevered IP(10.0.0.50 and 51). using default gateway 10.0.0.1

3. I then changed my gateway back to 192.168.1.1 low and behold connected devices page was back with the two reservered IPs i had set but were now 192.168.1.50 and 51

4. I then set another two IPs and the blank page came back.

5. I changed the gateway address again to 10.0.0.1 and the connected devices page came back with the reserved IP intact

Woud be good for someone else to try to see if it a work around....

Comcast was useless helping with this issue.

Contributor

@Kryten4b

Your situation is similar to the one posted by @LaBellsfamily. The connected devices page may come back but any change and save will make it disappear again. And according to @jinxmeistr, a hardware swap worked for him. Of course, it could be that his new router has updated software.

Contributor

@jinxmeistr

Logon to your gateway and choose Software from the menu on the left. Mine says this:

Software Image Name: TS070659M_092613_MODEL_862_GW_CT_SIP_PC20

What does yours show?

New Poster

My software is
Software Image Name:TS070659M_092613_MODEL_862_GW_CT

Contributor

@Kryten4b

That's probably why you are experiencing the same failure as the rest of us. Now we're just waiting for @jinxmeistr to respond with his software version number.

New Poster

same issue. I was trying to use ip address 10.0.0.100 in the router when the view connected devices page went kaput.

its been well over a week and no comments from xfinity, whats up with that?

New Poster

Sorry guys for the delay. Here you go...

eMTA &DOCSIS Software Version:01.E6.10.09

Packet Cable:1.0

New Poster

oh this is from jinxmeister - eMTA &DOCSIS Software Version:01.E6.10.09

sarahandres wrote:

Sorry guys for the delay. Here you go...

eMTA &DOCSIS Software Version:01.E6.10.09

Packet Cable:1.0

New Poster

Same problem, same software version.

Contributor

oh this is from jinxmeister - eMTA &DOCSIS Software Version: 01.E6.10.09

Sounds like @jinxmeister's new router is not the same as the ones we have. It may be a different manufacturer. It is definitely different software. I'll need to go to my local Comcast service center and see what they are providing now. I'll get back to everyone.

New Poster

here's my problem with 10.0.0.1

I have found out about this and I can log in to it if I use admin, but I don't know how to log in any other way. Also I want to x out several devices that are connected to my wifi, but when I press the x it doesn't remove them. What do I do? I've tried my comcast login and it doesn't work for some reason

Contributor

@mr0602 --

For right now I'd be careful about removing devices from the Arris / xfinity router. Remember, if you remove a device and want to add it back, there may be a problem due to the Incredible disappearing Connected Devices page.

Here is a link to how I solved a problem with reconnecting devices I'd just recently deleted. It is about reconnecting an iPhone 4 and 5 but it will work with any device.

The problem is you have to reset the router to factory defaults. If the Connected Devices page doesn't work, or stops working after you make a few connections, you won't be able to setup any more static IP addresses. And resetting the router again won't help.

The problem with Xing out devices to remove them is that the delete button on the gateway in the Connected Devices screen may not be a "Remove this device from the table" button; it may be a "Never allow this device to connect again" button. Which is what I think it is. I don't recommend taking this path until Comcast has fixed these routers.

Regular Contributor

I had a need to check my connected devices so I took the plunge and did the factory reset.  Painless!  I was afraid of major re-configuring after the reset but that didn't happen.  All I had to do was re-name the default SSID back to my original one, re-add the DMZ info (4 numbers), and everything re-connected.  As fast as before the problems and the View Connected Devices was working again.  No new software build numbers - same as before.  The only thing I noticed after a day was that the IPv6 was not connected.  I reset the gateway and it came right back.  So far so good.  

Contributor

I think you got lucky due to the IPv6 not working. I'll bet that as soon as IPv6 appears, you will be right back to where you were. I believe that someone above did what you did and lost the Connected Devices page as soon as IPv6 became active.

Most likely, it is an update to the router that will download as soon as the router checks for updates. Let us know when IPv6 becomes active and if your Connected Devices page no longer functions. Most of the commenters on this thread believe those two to be connected and, at this time, I see no reason to doubt that.

Regular Contributor

TooMuchTime - I saw those posts and they concerned me.  But another user had success with the factory re-set and it seemed painless so I gave it a shot.  IPv6 has been up and running a couple of days now - WiFi is great and I can see the Connected Devices.

ipv6.jpg

Frequent Visitor

How did you do the Factory Reset?

Regular Contributor

edoe132 wrote:

How did you do the Factory Reset?

I went to the Gateway site (10.0.0.1) > Troubleshooting > Reset/Reboot Gateway > Restore Factory Settings.  I had to do it twice actually - the first time I clicked it, nothing happened.  Did it again and the modem reset (lights off, gradually came back on, etc.).  It defaulted to the original SSID so I changed that and all hardwired and wifi devices came back.  Along with the View Connected Devices page.

Frequent Visitor

Having this same problem. Not sure what I'm going to do about it. 

Contributor

@OdinSon -- Sometime soon, I am going to do a hard reset and a full refresh of the attached devices. We'll see if it works. If not, I'll have Comcast bridge the device so it's just a modem and then I'll use my own router to setup the network.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

New Poster

SEHALE, are you still able to see the "View Connected Devices Page" at this later date?

Regular Contributor

anejo8 wrote:

SEHALE, are you still able to see the "View Connected Devices Page" at this later date?

I am.  I check it about every day.  As of 1 minute ago, I have 16 devices connected via wifi or ethernet including tablets, phones, Tivos and security DVR.  I only have two devices with reserved IPs and haven't really touched that since the factory reset.  Most of the devices I have named though.  No problems.

New Poster

someone said this will work if all your connected devices are turned on and are connected to the wi-fi. has this been confirmed?

Contributor

@Solicitor501 -- That may be true, but it would also be useless. What if a few family members are out of the house and their cell phones cannot be connected?

I understand what you are saying. I'm just trying to understand why Comcast would make that a requirement. Or even allow it as a bug. That would tops on my list of things to fix.

Regular Visitor

Any word from Comcast on this? This is pretty ridiculous. I need to monitor my internet connections.

Regular Contributor

For what it's worth, I am still able to see my connected devices after the factory re-set.  I have even added a few devices over the past week with no issues.

New Poster

SEHALE, what modem and vervsion of software do you have?

I was planning to do this hard reset but saw comments from TooMuchTime and got a bit skittish (good detail!)

I will will likely go to bridge mode and use AirPort was the wireless router if this doesn't work...

Regular Contributor

xfinito wrote:

I was planning to do this hard reset but saw comments from TooMuchTime and got a bit skittish (good detail!)

I will will likely go to bridge mode and use AirPort was the wireless router if this doesn't work...

Arris TG862 (from the Hardware page):  Model:5 / HW Identifier:YN3720

Packet Cable:1.5

I was fearing the factory reset but my experience (see above) was positive with no issues.

Contributor

sehale wrote:

xfinito wrote:

Arris TG862 (from the Hardware page):  Model:5 / HW Identifier:YN3720

Packet Cable:1.5

I was fearing the factory reset but my experience (see above) was positive with no issues.

In case this helps anyone, I ran into this problem today.  What I found was that if all the devices that I had reserved IPs for were connected, then the page showed up just fine.  If even only one such device was disconnected at the time that I requested the page, the page returned blank.  I hope this helps someone.

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson
Regular Contributor

lairdjnelson wrote:

In case this helps anyone, I ran into this problem today.  What I found was that if all the devices that I had reserved IPs for were connected, then the page showed up just fine.  If even only one such device was disconnected at the time that I requested the page, the page returned blank.  I hope this helps someone.

Very interesting and absolutely correct.  I only have 2 devices with reserved IPs - one being my Blackberry cell phone.  I tried this and sure enough - with the Blackberry turned off, the Connected Devices was blank.  Turned the Blackberry back on, reloaded the page, Connected Devices was populated again.