New Poster

10.0.0.1 login

cannot log into my TC8305C with 10.0.0.1

New Poster

Re: 10.0.0.1 login

Having the same problem

New Poster

Same here. I cant log in with my wifi password and it wont recognize my password when I try to login to change the router settings. Technicolor TC8305C.

Frequent Visitor

Interesting.  Those of us with the SMCD3GNV modem have been having this same problem since November.  See the thread “Did Comcast change the modem admin console access after the latest ipv6 upgrade?” also recently updated.

Regular Visitor

1. Another 'Me Too'

2.  Found this, but the TC8305C doesn't have the selection as far as I could find

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Can-t-connect-into-http-10-0-0-1/td-p/20070...

I found a solution to the problem.

My theory was that a recent update to the software of the gateway might have introduced a bug that was causing the interal web server (http://10.0.0.1) (used to configure the box) to fail. I found that after doing a reset (by pressing the reset button on the back of the box) or factory reset (by pressing the reset button on the box for 10 seconds), the internal web server would work for at least a few minutes. So I factory reset the box and used that few minutes to try turning off some of the features of the gateway.

I found that if I turned off IPv6 Autoconfiguration then the internal web server would continue working!!!

Since I don't need or use IPv6 (almost nobody does) it was no loss to me.  So now I leave IPv6 off and the gateway is working fine again.

The setting is on the Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network configuration page. Just turn off IPv6 > Enable Autoconfiguration, press the Save Settings button, wait a couple of seconds, and reset your box.

After that, the box has worked fine for me for over 24 hours now. So it seems the problem was a bug in the IPv6 software was causing the internal web server software to fail.

Note: If you do a factory reset be aware that this will reset the username and password to the box to "admin" and "password" and will reset the WiFi ID and password back to what is shown on the sticker on the bottom of the box.

3, Tech support has done some resetting or something when I call to complain, and it works for a little while, but then it goes back to 'normal' not working

4. Best I've found is to reset the cable modem using the Reset hole on the back to restart it (5 sec), but not reset to factory (15 sec). Then the internal http server will work for a little while, long enough to enter a static IP for example

Royal PITA

New Poster

I have been having this problem as well. I have reset the Gateway, and can get to the 10.0.0.1 login page, but after I enter the login information, the page hangs.   I scoured the forums and have found no solution, although this problem was reported in November 2013.  Tech support sent a tech out, who replaced my gateway, but no joy.

This is incredibly frustrating.  Anyone at Comcast have a solution?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Well if you can't get in to turn off IpV6 Per the post just previous to yours (5 of 6) here in this thread, you could always call in to comcast and have them put your gateway into full bridge mode and then put your own wireless router out in front.

Regular Visitor

@JamesR

True, I could

Or ...

They could fix the firmware to avoid the problem. Smiley Wink

Official Employee

Everyone, sorry for the inconvenience with logging into your Wireless Gateway. Our engineering team is looking into this case and I will provide an update once they confirm the issue. Thank you.

New Poster

With Windows 7 I went to Control Panel>System and Security>Windows Firewall (check firewall status), shut it off and BAM! right in no problems. 

Regular Visitor

There was some sort of software update last seek and since then I have been able to log on to the gateway

Paul

New Poster

Thank you for letting me know. I am needing to redo my gateway password. I am tired of people hacking into my system. Young teens, this message is for you, get your bums a job and stop munching off of other peoples Internet and get your own Internet. Please get this issue fixed asap. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Spoke too soon

After about a week of use, I can't log in to 10.0.0.1 until I reset it.

Then it will last for 5 - 7 days

New Poster

I try logging into 10.0.0.1 but it keeps telling me my password i is incorrect. But I can log onto my WiFi on any device using the same password. I don't understand. :/
Regular Contributor

I made an earlier post titled 10.0.0.1 workaround so here it is again. If you can get the numbers 10.0.0. up on your display while looking at a Comcast publication that is a link which will go to the admin page of a TG862 gateway. Here's the publication:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/wireless-gateway-username-and-password

As soon as you see the admin page CREATE A SHORTCUT on your taskbar or desktop so you can get back to it anytime.

The publication tells how to create a new SSID and password. Good luck. It took a lot of floundering around to discover this,

New Poster

How do o change me password when I log on it says. Invalid credentials
Regular Contributor

Are you using admin for username and password for password? If these don't work try doing a reset using the recessed button on the back of the router. Hold time is more than 10 seconds ( i think- try 30 to be sure). This should restore admin and password as active.

Official Employee

Information for logging into and resetting Comcast-supported devices can be found in this article from our online Help & Support: Comcast-Supported Routers, Gateways and Adapters.

Additionally, if you need to change your login information for your router's admin tool, please see this article: Securing Your Wireless Gateway Network.