Community Forum

1 Gigabit very low download speeds

New Poster

1 Gigabit very low download speeds

Hello, 

I am getting very low download speeds with the 1 Gigabit service. I have had this service for over a year now with no problems. I usually get in the range of 980Mbps, but lately I've been getting 127-360Mbps. I keeps fluctuating. I am experiencing being repeatedly kicked out of games online and voice problems to where others cannot hear me. I have had a tech out to my place and they ran all their tests and were getting in the 980Mbps range, but my computer and laptop are both getting way lower like I specified. I used to get 980+ Mbps and for some reason I am not. They even did me a favor and swapped the modem out, but I am still getting these very low speeds. I am directly connected to the modem provided by Comcast for this service. I do not know what else to do. Any help?

Official Employee Digital Care

Re: 1 Gigabit very low download speeds

Hi @lIllIllllIl

We apologize for the experience you're having. I'd be happy to help investigate this further. I'd like to start by checking at the node to see if the problem is there.  Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee Digital Care

Hello, we haven't heard from you in a while.  Please reach back out if you still need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, we haven't heard from you but please don't hesitate to reach back out and create another post if you still need assistance.

Thank you