Community Forum

1 GiG plan - where did the speed go?

Frequent Visitor

1 GiG plan - where did the speed go?

I upgraded to the 1 GB plan just over a year ago and was getting great download (around 875-930) on ehternet and around 450 on my wirless. For the past few months those speeds have dropped in half and I called Xfinity and over the last month have had 3 techs come out and test this and that and swap the gateway each time only to tell me everything fine at my house so it must be a problem with the network and we will have to upgrade the ticket. I call back a week after the last tech visit because I did not hear anything only to be told the ticket was closed and they could send another tech out. I said no as now it's getting a little crazy and the typical run around, I just want what I pay for and that is "UP TO" 1GB 

Has anyone ran into this before where it seems xfinity can't or won't fix the problem? 

What is my next move, call corporate? 

I just can't do another phone call to xfinity and walk through the same 12 step program of rebooting the router and asking me the same questions all over again only to be told "we will have to send a tech out" been there many many times already the past month. 

Thanks for reading  

Frequent Visitor

Re: 1 GiG plan - where did the speed go?

Well Tech visit 4 will be this friday Aug 30th. This is kinda getting insane

At least the service support operater understood when I called this morning and explained that I just can't handle doing the "reboot modem, check cables, what's changed?" 12 step process and she understood and bypassed all that.  

Frequent Visitor

Well this is interesting,

I just received a phone call stating that a problem in my neighborhood has been identified and fixed.

I will check after work and post back the results 

Frequent Visitor

Well no change so Tech visit #4 is still set for this Friday morning 

Frequent Visitor

Well tech #4 came out and so did his supervisor, they were very helpful and spent a couple hours at my house. I'm not sure what the did but now I'm getting between 850-1GB download and 45-60 upload so my thanks to Xfinity crew for resolving this
Silver Problem Solver

@brimanCA wrote:
Well tech #4 came out and so did his supervisor, they were very helpful and spent a couple hours at my house. I'm not sure what the did but now I'm getting between 850-1GB download and 45-60 upload so my thanks to Xfinity crew for resolving this

Mine was fixed when Comcast replaced the coax wire from the pole in my back yard to my home.  He also replaced some coax connections in my home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

The techs left my house without changing anything , they sent the ticket up the chaing and I'm not really sure how it was fixed but it was.

I texted the tech and his supervisor  back and thanked them for resolving this for me.