Community Forum

xfinitywifi stopped working on some devices, and for some websites only

Highlighted
New Poster

xfinitywifi stopped working on some devices, and for some websites only

A few days ago, all of a sudden all my devices went off the public xfinitywifi.

Since then, some of them have partially gotten back online:

- Roku SmartTV: works perfectly, all apps stream video with no issue

- iPhone and Mac: network connection looks OK. Some websites load, some are unreachable. Non-browser apps like Spotify/Slack are offline

- Windows 10 PC: "IPv4 Connectivity: No Network Access"; "IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet Access".

No network settings have been changed since all used to work well - IPv4 and v6 are both on DHCP and automatic DNS. 

@ComcastJohnN or @ComcastChe

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xfinitywifi stopped working on some devices, and for some websites only

Greetings, naklers! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with your internet connection. That's certainly frustrating as it happened out of the blue. Have you attempted to release and renew the IP on the Windows 10 machine? You can find out how to do that here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/releasing-and-renewing-ip-address. If you still run into issues, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xfinitywifi stopped working on some devices, and for some websites only

Hello, naklers. I have not heard back from you and hope your issue was resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!