Community Forum

xfinity xfi device is paused or bedtime mode

Frequent Visitor

xfinity xfi device is paused or bedtime mode

my wifes iphone 7 shows it is paused or in bedtime mode.  i called xfinity and they cant figure out why.  it all started after our modem was replaced. her phone is personalized in the xfi app but no bedtime is set for her or her device.  i even deleted her device and her profile.   also cleared all cache and website data on the phone.  power the phone and modem off for 30 min still no luck.  she can connect to other wifi hotspots just not ours.  any clue???

Official Employee

Re: xfinity xfi device is paused or bedtime mode

wrote:

my wifes iphone 7 shows it is paused or in bedtime mode.  i called xfinity and they cant figure out why.  it all started after our modem was replaced. her phone is personalized in the xfi app but no bedtime is set for her or her device.  i even deleted her device and her profile.   also cleared all cache and website data on the phone.  power the phone and modem off for 30 min still no luck.  she can connect to other wifi hotspots just not ours.  any clue???

I ran a quick sync to try and clear out an old rules on your Gateway that could be causing this issue. Can you please try connecting your wife's phone to the home network and see if you still receive the same error. 

Please let us know how this goes. 

Frequent Visitor

thank you that worked.  not sure why the call center couldnt do the same.

thanks again

Brian

Official Employee

Glad to hear that resolved the issue for you.