Community Forum

xfinity wifi refuses mobile device login

Highlighted
Contributor

xfinity wifi refuses mobile device login

I'm hoping someone from Comcast can explain this to me. I'm subscriber to Comcast's xfinity broadband service and my account is always paid on time. However, I'm not able to log into xfinity wifi despite being an xfinity customer.

When I try to connect to xfinity wifi where I live, I should be able to use my main xfinity account to lo into xfinity wifi but I'm not able to. Instead, the only login options I get are the options to purchase an xfinity wifi pass or to use the complimentary wifi passes that are free.

I shouldn't have to pay for an xfinity wifi pass since I'm already a subscriber with xfinity broadband. I should be able to use my xfinity/comcast login to access xfinity wifi.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xfinity wifi refuses mobile device login

@tempest42 wrote:

I'm hoping someone from Comcast can explain this to me. I'm subscriber to Comcast's xfinity broadband service and my account is always paid on time. However, I'm not able to log into xfinity wifi despite being an xfinity customer.

When I try to connect to xfinity wifi where I live, I should be able to use my main xfinity account to lo into xfinity wifi but I'm not able to. Instead, the only login options I get are the options to purchase an xfinity wifi pass or to use the complimentary wifi passes that are free.

I shouldn't have to pay for an xfinity wifi pass since I'm already a subscriber with xfinity broadband. I should be able to use my xfinity/comcast login to access xfinity wifi.

Are you referring to the xfinitywifi SSID?

https://wifi.xfinity.com/connect-devices.php

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm referring to xfinity wifi on mobile devices. I can never use my subscriber account to access xfinity wifi. The only choices I get are to buy those wifi passes. I shouldn't have to purchase a wifi pass in order to log into xfinity wifi.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@tempest42 wrote:

I'm referring to xfinity wifi on mobile devices. I can never use my subscriber account to access xfinity wifi. The only choices I get are to buy those wifi passes. I shouldn't have to purchase a wifi pass in order to log into xfinity wifi.

Are you saying this is an issue outside the range of your home wifi?  We need more information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Honestly, I don't know what the problem is with xfinity wifi in my area. Only thing I know is that xfinity wifi used to offer me the option of either logging in with my subscriber login/password that I have for regular broadband, that I use to log into my Comcast account for email and billing, and it would also offer the option for paid wifi passes for non scubuscribers.

For quite some time now, xfinity wifi no longer allows me to use my Comcast subscriber login/password to log into wifi.

I started thinking that maybe Comcast doesn't want its subscribers being able to use their subscriber accounts to access wifi. Part of me started thinkinig that it was, perhaps, a cash grab by Comcast to get more money from subscribers. The only thing I know, is that xfinity wifi no longer allows me to use my xfinity account login to access wifi on my mobile.

Highlighted
New Poster

Did you ever figure it out...Im having same issue and customer support line is no help.

This link says If I have 25mb or higher internet service I should not have to keep using passes

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-What-is-Xfinity-WiFi-OnDemand-and-how-to-use-it/ta-p...

**Note**: Xfinity Internet subscribers with 25 Mbps or faster tiers of service have Xfinity WiFi access already included in their subscriptions, and do not need to activate/purchase XWOD passes.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Did you ever figure it out...Im having same issue and customer support line is no help.

This link says If I have 25mb or higher internet service I should not have to keep using passes

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-What-is-Xfinity-WiFi-OnDemand-and-how-to-use-it/ta-p...

**Note**: Xfinity Internet subscribers with 25 Mbps or faster tiers of service have Xfinity WiFi access already included in their subscriptions, and do not need to activate/purchase XWOD passes.

dazedxxx, 

Hey, thanks for posting! Appreciate your time. That is correct, if you have 25mbps or higher for your internet tier, you have access to millions of hotspots around the country. All you have to do is enter your user ID and password credentials at the hotspot. Are you getting an error message when you attempt to do so? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!