Community Forum

xfinity gateway login

Highlighted
New Poster

xfinity gateway login

1. I am unable to login to the gateway login (10.0.0.1) because it wont accept my username.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: xfinity gateway login

Are you using admin for a username?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am using admin. What is the default password?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Unless it was changed at some point, it’s password

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Andrew, if I may tag on here since I have a similar question. We just switched from a Cisco eMta to a Technicolor CGM41410COM XB6T. It was installed by a Comcast Tech. He put me in Bridge Mode as requested since we are using our own router for now. I tried to log into the "Gateway and Network Management Tool" as usual (10.0.0.1) and it would NOT take the standard  "admin" and "password" to allow login. I tried using the combo I had on the old Cisco eMta and that would NOT be accepted either.

I tried a "factory reset" using the reset button on the back holding 30 seconds and it would still not let me log in after it recycled.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@MapleShade wrote:

Andrew, if I may tag on here since I have a similar question. We just switched from a Cisco eMta to a Technicolor CGM41410COM XB6T. It was installed by a Comcast Tech. He put me in Bridge Mode as requested since we are using our own router for now. I tried to log into the "Gateway and Network Management Tool" as usual (10.0.0.1) and it would NOT take the standard  "admin" and "password" to allow login. I tried using the combo I had on the old Cisco eMta and that would be accepted either. I tried a "factory reset" using the reset button on the back holding 30 seconds and it would still not let me log in.  Any suggestions?

Take a stab with this link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but, I am not trying to change the WiFi password.

I cannot get into the Gateway itself. I have alreday tried what is suggested futher down in the link you sent to "factory reset" the gateway without luck.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@MapleShade wrote:

Thanks, but, I am not trying to change the WiFi password.

I cannot get into the Gateway itself. I have alreday tried what is suggested futher down in the link you sent to "factory reset" the gateway without luck.

Which connection are you using to log in - ethernet or wifi?  Ethernet would be better.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!