Community Forum

xfi pods

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

xfi pods

I thought I was getting 3 pods for free with xfi advantage. I didnt recieve them at install. Told by customer service to order & get reimbursed. I've tried to buy XFi Pods (set of three) I'm told, "Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon."

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xfi pods

I took a look at your account and it looks like your installation was completed yesterday. The WiFi Assessment that you receive as a part of xFi Advantage checks your home network coverage over a two week period. If the assessment determines that your home network would benefit from xFi Pods, you will be sent instructions regarding how to redeem for them. It's not recommended that you purchase Pods in advance, as you will not be reimbursed for them even if the WiFi Assessment determines that your home network could benefit from Pods.

If you still wish to purchase Pods before your WiFi Assessment is completed, please reach out and we can try to resolve the error message you received 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help. The TV has frozen a couple of times already. A couple of my devices were faster with Fios. And there is lag with netflix and the tv guide. I haven't tried the wifi yet on my tv's. If I do need extenders.  By the time I get them.  It might be to late. I'll have to decide before then to stay or go back to Fios. Hopefully things improve and I don't have to switch back. Thanks again for your help 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastHana wrote:

The WiFi Assessment that you receive as a part of xFi Advantage checks your home network coverage over a two week period. If the assessment determines that your home network would benefit from xFi Pods, you will be sent instructions regarding how to redeem for them. 

This is really good to know, thank you. However there's a slight problem I fear for our situation. We have one room more removed than the others and, because the wifi is so weak there, we are using our phone hotspots when the signal won't work. Our install is approaching two weeks being on, so I assume our assessment will be complete soon, but I'm concerned the assessment will miss this problem. Any advise on our situation? 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @james_nixon 

If your WiFi Assessment results come back as "WiFi Looks Great",  please shoot me a private message.

Thanks,

Hana

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

We are advantage.  Did the assessment, received the email to get the 3 free xfi pods..  I have entered my information MANY MANY times and they never once have been sent to me.  I was told go buy them and they would reimburse it.. Not taking that chance of not being reimbursed.

I have had many phone conversations with supervisors, managers, customer service reps, and never once have I received my pods.  It's very frustrating!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Katndog1 

I checked your account and eligibility and I can escalate your issue right away. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back. Were you ordering the pods from the link in your results email? 

Thanks.

Hana

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes. The link. I have filled it out several times too.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Katndog1 

I'll be in touch as soon as I hear anything

Thanks,

Hana