Community Forum

xFi pods not connecting

Frequent Visitor

xFi pods not connecting

Hi,

I've had my  xFi pods for about a month or so, and they were working great.

However, a few days ago, July 2nd.  A Comcast tech came out to fix my Home touchscreen, as it wasn't connecting to my wifi, but had celluar.  He went through a couple of things with the touchscreen and nothing was working.  He then decided to do a hard reset on my gateway, and I had to setup all my wifi credentials again, that didn't work either.  Ultimately he gave me a new touchscreen, which fixed the problem.

Now my xFi pods aren't connecting.  When I first opened the up the app, it said my pods weren't connectings and to troubleshoot.  I trired unplugging and plugging them back in, hitting troubleshoot.  Nothing worked, so I hit remove to try the setup process all over again.

I have the pods plugged in, but once it gets to the connecting pods section, it fails and gives me an error that says 'Sorry, that didn't go as planned'  And suggests restarting gateway and try again.  Which I've done and it doesn't help.

Any advice would be great.  Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: xFi pods not connecting

shaunm82, let's reconnect those pods. Is the error message: Sorry This Won't Work; Pod on Another Account'? Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Frequent Visitor

No, this account is the only one I have. PM sent. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

What is the answer to this? I upgraded to the new modem, and bought 6 pods, they will not connect. I was on the phone last night with support for over 1 hour and am expecting a call back this morning but the issue still isn’t fixed. I have plugged it in 1 room away, left my phone by it while it tried to connect am using the Xfi app, and it does NOT connect to my network. Then it shows as offline (so it “sees” it on some level) and use the trouble shooting to try to connect it but it will NOT go online.
I search for answers online but no one has posted the solution.
New Poster

I just received my pods last night. Experiencing the same issue. Been on the phone with support with no luck either. Super frustrating. 

Frequent Visitor

I was expecting a call at 9 am this am to fix it. I got up at 7 am to reset the modem, and try everything again hoping that something magical might have happened overnight to fix it but I am met with disappointment still... no call and the problem persists.
Frequent Visitor

Daniella from ComcastSupport had actually emailed me on this issue a couple of days ago.  She basically asked if I still had the problem.  I told her I did, she emailed me back a little later and said that they fixed something on their end and they believe the issue had been resovled.  I came home and tried to reconnect my pods and they magically worked.  Hopefully Daniella can chime in.

Phone calls were no hope at all, and were in fact frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same experience to include the very poor customer service from Comcast

Frequent Visitor

I would love someone to chime in from Comcast on this forum. I was just talking to an advanced technical customer service rep who wanted to start the trouble shooting all over at the beginning again. Then the phone disconnected and I have not been called back... now I am going to have to wait in the queue AGAIN for them to have me troubleshoot something that clearly is an issue on their end!!!! Today is Saturday July 14th 2018. (Since I can’t see a date on any of these posts). Hopefully this will help the next customer. It seems we have to help each other we aren’t getting the help from Comcast.
Frequent Visitor

Wow! disconnecting your call and making you call back and wait forever in their queue must be something their trained to do! happened to me three times!  btw, we do see the date and times on the post, fyi... 

Frequent Visitor

Just finished a 52 min call with Comcast between 2 different tech support agents and finally a billing agent.  I'm out!   Its been my experience without exception that in situations like this the devices connect easily and quickly or they are nothing but trouble.   Comcast wanted to send a tech to my home but declined because you can be assured that even if a tech could get the pods to work they would stop working not long after and I would have to start this process all over again.  Ethier some works or it doesn't.    Arranged for return and refund for pods.  Moving on... 

Frequent Visitor

Must just be from the app I can’t see dates and times.
I just got off the phone AGAIN. Tried unplugging everything and rebooting AGAIN.
She told me she has received many calls this morning with Pods and is aware this forum is also reflecting a widespread issue. She claimed the engineers were working on the problem and I would be contacted when it is resolved. Her name was Angel and she was very nice, this process is irritating though. I wish they could do whatever Daniella did to fix it...
Contributor

I'm on to support now and have been told there is a nationwide outage which means nobody can activate pods. The agent referenced ticket CR790992129. There is no ETA on a fix. This is the third agent I've spoken to about this and the first one who told me about this outage. Very unhappy with Comcast support!

Frequent Visitor

My point exactly.  How many total hours have we and most likely hundreds of other comcast customer across the nation wasted on trying get an issue resolved by comcast.  As I said before, even if they get this issue fixed, how long until they fail again...?

As others have pointed out, where is comcast on this forum?  i think their absence/silence says it all.

Frequent Visitor

Yesterday I spent $200+ (including tax) for 6 pods. Before I could buy them, they had to input my customer information in the computer (I know this because every time they used the bar code scanner on the. Box it took them to a customer information screen (I know this because my customer service rep had to get her manager, and she’s couldn’t figure it out, sothey had to call tech help and I could hear the conversation.
In any case... if com case knows at least the majority of people who have purchased and are using these pods, could t they send an email or text explaining that they are working on the problem? Why make us crowd source this information? What is this forum for if it is not going to be moderated?
New Poster

I recieved my 6 pack yesterday and tried getting them up and running today. I also ran across this issue of something has gone wrong and cant get these things to work. I am glad I found this forum because my next step was to call and talk to the robot that never gets you to the right place only to finally get ahold of someone that will transfer you to someone else and then the disconnect and repeat! Anyways if no solution pops up by monday i will be getting my $200 back.

Contributor

I had to drive to their service centre today to replace mine (and talk to the most disinterested store assistant I’ve ever met) before I was told about the issue. Very interesting on the complete lack of updates from the forum moderators here.
Contributor

So now my first pod is working but the others won't connect. I note still no response or updates from Comcast on here.

They must all be very busy.

Frequent Visitor

Ok I got all 6 working. Do all of them like you set up the first one. My speed is only 12 mbps... and this is supposed to be the 400 mbps modem... even plugged into one of the pods via Ethernet my son is only getting single digits right now. He is mad because I made him unplug his uplink extender since the pods were finally coming online.
Contributor

If I try to setup the others like the first one I get a message saying they're assigned to a different account.

Isn't it great all the help and support we get from Comcast on here :/)

Frequent Visitor

Have you removed them all from your gateway? I removed all of mine and started over.
Contributor

I can only see one in the app. It works and devices are connecting to it, but it's like the others done exist. I've removed the primary and resinstalled but no use.

Still no help from Comcast here. It must be great for them that their customers provide crowd sourced technical support!

Silver Problem Solver

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Thanks for that, but I have no faith in Comcast support, here or elsewhere. It's disgraceful that they have not made any comments on the forum about such a significant issue.

New Poster

I just installed my xFi pods today. I plugged int he firtst. It said all good, plug in the other two but then i could not get any of them to connect and the xfinity chat help was worthless as all they did was talk me through the same steps that were in the online troubleshooting page. BUT I DID FIND A WORK-AROUND FIX.  I unplugged all three pods and started all over again but this time I told the App that I was only instaling one, not all all 3.  This time it connected and made the first Pod "online.  Then after it was all good on the single install, I then plugged in the other 2 and said I was adding them.  After about 15 minutes they both said they were connected and online.  No idea why it did not work when following the directions  I have tested them and now have coverage in teh farther reaches of the house.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I was also able to get my 6 pods connected today. I went into the app and removed all 6. Then like others plugged one in at a time and did the set up process. I still am lacking wifi outside and was hoping that placing these pods on exterior walls will help boost the signal to my back yard but it is not the best. I have a hard wire ethernet connection outside but am unsure if adding an access point will solve this problem. Not all that tech savy with that sort of thing but dont wanna waste any more money on something i cant seem to find a concrete answer on. If anybody reads this and can chime in that would be great. If an outdoor access point that is backhauled from my main switch inside would work and is it something as simple as plugging it in and it will broadcast the same wifi as the xfi modem?

Silver Problem Solver

I did something similar with an ethernet connection in the bedroom farthest from my gateway.  It worked for the bedroom's wifi connection.  It should work for you.  Just be sure to NOT SCRIMP on the AP.  Buy the best router you can afford.

http://bestwirelessroutersnow.com/ac1900-vs-ac3200-router-comparisons/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Mleap, MichaelF1 -- 

Thanks for reaching out & I apologize for the frustration.  I've pulled up your accounts to share with engineering to troubleshoot.  I will post when I have additional information.  

ShaneG, shaunm82, skidog20, & fourhorses -- 

It sounds like you have your Pods connected & working.  If you still need further assistance, please let me know & I can look into any issues you might be experiencing.

Rachel

Official Employee

Tristaofam -- 

I was able to pull up your account & see three Pods connected successfully.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Rachel

Official Employee

Mleap, MichaelF1 -- 

I responded to you on your other threads.  Could you please try to onboard the Pods & let me know if you are successful?

Thanks!  Rachel

Contributor

@ComcastRachelH It will be this evening before I can try again.

Contributor

@ComcastRachelH no difference. Exactly the same situation. We're now nearly four days in and this still isn't working.

Official Employee

MichaelF1 -- 

Thanks.  I'd like to get this escalated to our engineering team.  I will private message you with more information.  Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Rachel, thank you for responding and working with those of us in this thread. It would be nice to know what the issue was, or at least for Comcast to acknowledge that there was an issue that caused all of this frustration. While part of the frustration was that our new toys weren’t working, the other part was the lack of correspondence from Comcast acknowledging the issue.
My 6 pods are now working as I expected them to. The speeds and handoffs from pod to pod is as advertised, ALMOST making me forget how frustrated I was, but seeing that others are still experiencing the frustration reminds me that half of the frustration was lack of acknowledgement, or communication.
Now Comcast is communicating and for that I am grateful, what WAS the issue? Because I can’t get the hours (yes hours) I spent on the phone with people talking me through the same instructions that are included with the pods.
Is there nothing Comcast can do for our time lost, hours invested, loyalty even when devices weren’t working, to make it up to us? I can’t get my time back.
I’m not saying I deserve it, but it would be a nice gesture since it wasn’t my fault the devices wouldn’t connect as advertised, and it wasn’t my fault I followed the only protocol I had to escalate the issue, and finally it wasn’t my fault that your folks didn’t know how to resolve the issue or advise us that it was a large scale problem, we had to crowd source that information ourselves.
Contributor

@ShaneG well said! This is exactly my feeling. The lack of communication is frustrating. I've had four or five calls with support at this stage.

New Poster

not gonna tell my long story already wasted hours and hours of my time just like others on here
but same problems and still not working need to resolve this
Official Employee

This past Friday evening 7/13, and Saturday 7/14, we experienced a temporary service interruption that impacted activation of xFi Pods.  The issue should no longer be impacting customers.  If you continue to experience any issues, please reach out to me on this thread or via Private Message.

amp10 -- I've pulled up your account to begin digging into the issue you're experiencing.  Could you please let me know what type of error you received & when you attempted to onboard the Pods? 

Thanks!

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your acknowledgment of the outage. Did the system just fail again? All of my pods just quit working... I am going to be so upset at myself if this turns out to be the norm and not the exception... I am relying on Comcast to have a solid product that is dependable... which is why I have been a customer for so long... I was going to get the Google WiFi or other mesh system and I decided to stick with Xfinity.
New Poster

All of my pods switched offline. They will not come back online. I've tried re-installing them and they still aren't coming back online. This is very frustrating, especially after paying so much for these things. 

New Poster

Oh, and don't bother calling Xfinity. Tremendous waste of time. After explaining my issue and going through the whole verification process, the customer service agent just disconnected and made me wait for another. No help or insight was provided. 

Frequent Visitor

Rachel, two of my three pods are now not working. I had thought this was supposed to be resolved. Is this something we should expect to happen often? I feel we shouldn't have to double check to see if equipment we paid $120++ for every couple days just to make sure they are working.

Please let me know as I'd like to have these working as expected.
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue as everyone else.  Pods not connecting...  tried removing all and re-connecting them 1 at a time.  Still showing as offline.

Help?

New Poster

All my pods just went offline tonight July 17th and will not reconnect. Rebooted gateway, removed pods tried to re-install. Just get the error everyone else has mentioned
New Poster

I’m having the same issue, all 3 of my pods are offline. Spent over an hour between two people, tech did a million resets and had me try activating them 3 or 4 times, still same issue - then I got disconnected. Only on Comcast from Verizon for a couple weeks - headed back ASAP if this is going to be the experience I can expect.
Frequent Visitor

Is there a comcast site to see when the Xfi pods are fixed?  Very frustrating here...can you make it easier for your customers to see the status of the issue?

-Michael

New Poster

Don’t know if this will help anyone else but I had noticed my xFi app was showing that no devices were online even though I knew they were. I manually logged into the router and it was forcing me to change my router password. I changed the password, looked around at a few things, logged off and opened up my XFi app again and all my devices and pods were online again ! Was this an app problem falsely reporting devices ? Could it not communicate with my router until I reset the password ? Don’t know but mine is working for the time being
Frequent Visitor

I guess these forums are only monitored during business hours so you have to hope these problems occur then, because after hours and on weekends, NO ONE from Comcast responds to their customers on these forums... it’s not that hard, pay someone minimum wage to comment “we are addressing your problem, don’t bother calling support, it is an engineering issue, we are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.” How nice would that be... not having the outrage would be even better, but...
Frequent Visitor

After writing this I checked again and my pods are online again... they must have fixed it but the silence is/was deafening...
New Poster

Mine just came back online too “magically”. No communication or notification even though I had an “Advanced Support Ticket” open. Strongly considering dropping this 2 week Comcast experiment and going back to Verizon and picking up powerline WiFi extenders.
New Poster

Our XFi pods are not connecting. We have been trying for 5+ hours now with a technician from Comcast. He is so frustrated because he asked to be trained in the pods but was told that it didn’t require training because it is so easy to install without training.
We have done everything including upgrading our modem, resetting the already newly installed modem, unplugging the pods and trying again, removing the devices and re-adding them. We are really frustrated.
We called tech support and spent over an hour with them. They told us to do all of the things we have already tried. They had no answer for why they won’t come online. After reading these posts I am leaning toward returning them. I don’t want them randomly going offline on a regular basis and then not being able to get them back online like so many are saying.

Is xfinity/Comcast actively working on a permanent solution to these problems?