Community Forum

xFi pods and Ethernet back-haul?

New Poster

xFi pods and Ethernet back-haul?

Can anyone advise on how to set up wired (ethernet) backhaul for the pods?  I have done my research, and, the Plume pods allow this, but, I don't see any instructions on doing this with the xFi pods.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi pods and Ethernet back-haul?

I don't have the xFi pods, but my Orbi does backhaul with no setup.  I suspect you should just test the pods by connectng an ethernet cable to one of them and a device to see if the device gets an SSID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am curious about the official answer as well, from what I can tell the short answer is no, at least not out of the box.  In fact, plugging in the wired network the gateway is plugged into causes the pod to go "offline" according to the pod details even the initial screen shows it as online.  The documentation does say not to plug the ethernet port into the gateway as they won't register correctly, but there is no reference to how to backhaul support or configuration once they are activated. 

New Poster

Re: xFi Pod Ethernet Backhaul

Do you have an idea of when ethernet backhaul would be available?  I am interested in improving my home's wifi, but would like to wait for when I can ethernet backhaul.  Thanks.

Official Employee

We do not currently have a set time for when this ability will be launched. You're welcome to check back at a later time to see if anything has changed. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Just checking in to see if there is an update to this yet

New Poster

Any updated info on this?

New Poster

Any update on this matter?

New Poster

Support for Ethernet Backhaul for xFi Pods?

I would like to know if the support for ethernet backhaul for the xFi pods is going to be released soon. I found a couple of older posts where xFinity employees said that it was being worked on as of 6 months ago. Any updates?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/xFi-Pod-Ethernet-Backhaul/m-p/3147348?advanced=false&colla...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/Re-xFi-Pod-Ethernet-Backhaul/m-p/3175097?advanced=false&co...

@ComcastMorgan 

Official Employee

Re: Support for Ethernet Backhaul for xFi Pods?

jljimene12 -- Thanks for taking the time to reach out & we appreciate your interest.  We don't have any additional details about support for ethernet backhaul at this time.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!