Community Forum

xFi missing settings...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

xFi missing settings...

I want these settings back! xFi doesn't have Manage Devices and even though my password is secure I still have unknown devices connecting to my router.

https://i.postimg.cc/X7g99bKz/router.jpg

Wednesday
New Device Connected5:33pm
A device called Motorola-6005 just connected to your home network for the first time.Name This Device

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: xFi missing settings...

Stupid forums won't let me post an image. 

Highlighted
Expert

It’s the devices tab in the xFi app or on the web. It’s there. If no devices show up, try rebooting the gateway.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes I see devices there but the point is there are connecting to my routers WiFi and I’d like to set it up to block all devices except the ones I choose to add to allowed devices like the old router settings on 10.0.0.1 on parental controls and manage devices. The only thing I can do on the app or xFi page is forget device (which doesn’t do anything because the can simply reconnect) or pause the device.
Highlighted
Expert

Blocking a device through parental controls > manage devices is the same exact thing as pausing a device through xFi.

Access control for manually allowing devices is no longer there with xFi. You can manually block devices still.

Or you can use the MAC filter setting in the WiFi tab of 10.0.0.1

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The only thing with xFi is I have to be constantly checking it and manually pausing devices...where as before devices could connect all day long and wouldn't get any internet until I manually allowed them...now they get internet until I check and pause them...just seems backwards to me. 

How do I use MAC Filtering?

Highlighted
Expert

It also requires manual input every time as well.

My xFi notifies me the instant a new device connects.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I don't get notices right away. Only when I check.

Before every device that connects would be blocked until I allowed it...Now any device connects they get my internet until I notice it and manually block it. This should change. I'll probably buy my own modem.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Summerbear5, I understand some features that the Xfi app had previously have been removed and you'd like to see them back. I will definitely pass this along to our app engineers so that your voice can be heard. Don't be surprised if you see some changes in your favor within the next app update. Thank you for your feedback, it's always a good thing to receive constructive criticism.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Summerbear5, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.