Community Forum

xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

New Poster

xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

It won't let me connect via the xFi app on either my iPad or Android phone.  It keeps saying, I need to upgrade but it is a brand new modem/router/gateway from Xfinity.  

Official Employee

Re: xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

Hi, Artjax - I made few changes with your account. Are you still getting an upgrade message?  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

My account also says I need to upgrade my modem to get Xfinity xFi, but I own my current modem.  I don't want to pay $10/month for an xFinity modem, but I do want Xfinity xFi.  What are my options?

Official Employee

Hi fly321, xFi is only available to those that rent an xFi-eligible Gateway from Comcast. You can find information on the make/model requirements for leased equipment here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfinity-xfi-overview/

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It's saying the same thing for me and I have a new Comcast Modem Gateway. Then when I click the "upgrade" option, it says I have the latest equipment. Frustrating.

New Poster

Seems really odd that when you pay for a service and supply your own modem to save $10 that you do not have full access to an account that you are paying for. Example: I pay for the X1 Blast and Internet Blast Tier a pretty healthy price. Customers should have access if there own equipment is compatible with Xfinity. I am disappointed with this response. 

New Poster

I have the same problem. Can you help?
Official Employee

Brian61979 -- Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account & it looks like you have a gateway that is currently not eligible.  You can read more about xFi eligibility here -- 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview

Contributor

I have this same problem. I have the latest modem that is XFi compatible so I don’t understand what the issue is causing this not to work.
Official Employee

CSM123 - Thanks for reaching out.  Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the MAC address of the Gateway?  You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile.

Thanks!

New Poster

I’m having the same problem...

Contributor

My modem is on eligible list in the link above, but apparently it has to be a rented modem to work with XFi?
Silver Problem Solver

@CSM123 wrote:
My modem is on eligible list in the link above, but apparently it has to be a rented modem to work with XFi?

That is correct.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@Showvol, if you are still seeing the Equipment Upgrade message when trying to log into xFi, please send me a private message with you account number and I can take a look into it. 

Thanks!

New Poster

also am having the same issue:

sunyvale, ca.

Arris 1682G confirmed / iphone app.

bridge has been disconected.

phone and pc both show " upgrade message "

3-pods cost me over $100.00

please advise

thank you

Silver Problem Solver

@jandjporter wrote:

also am having the same issue:

sunyvale, ca.

Arris 1682G confirmed / iphone app.

bridge has been disconected.

phone and pc both show " upgrade message "

3-pods cost me over $100.00

please advise

thank you

Since I pay the monthly Service Plan, I was able to have my gateway replaced with no charge.

You might try calling 1800comcast- ask for Internet and see what they say.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hi @jandjporter, I'd be happy to look into this. Can you please send me a private message with your full service address so that I can verify your account?

Thanks!

New Poster

[[Post edited to remove personal info]]

Official Employee

@jandjporter, I verified your account using the information you provided and will look into this.

I also edited your post to remove personal information. 

New Poster

Thank you
New Poster

Hello All,

NEW MODEM GIVEN TO ME YESTERDAY...

MY APP STILL WONT WORK ON MY IPHIONE OR PC DESKTOP.

same message " upgrade equipment "

Am i mising something?

plugged in only 1 and plugged in all 3..

very frustrated with htis purchase..

very frustrated.

ANY HELP out there?

PLEASE

Silver Problem Solver

@jandjporter wrote:

Hello All,

NEW MODEM GIVEN TO ME YESTERDAY...

MY APP STILL WONT WORK ON MY IPHIONE OR PC DESKTOP.

same message " upgrade equipment "

Am i mising something?

plugged in only 1 and plugged in all 3..

very frustrated with htis purchase..

very frustrated.

ANY HELP out there?

PLEASE

Were you the peerson who installed the modem?  It has to be provisiooned.  You have to call 1800comcast and tell them you have a new modem,

Official Employee

Hi @jandjporter, I never heard back from the private message I sent last week. Can you please review that message and double check on the Xfinity login information? Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues with the xFi app.

New Poster

I am having issues with the same thing. I just got the modem today, I called customer service and was told I'd get a call back and nothing yet. The gentleman on the phone told me I was eligible for port fowarding. Why was it changed anyways