Community Forum

xFi Port-Forwarding not showing up device.

New Poster

xFi Port-Forwarding not showing up device.

I apologize if this is a common question, but I've done the steps to allow my device to show up in the port-forwarding page but my PC still doesn't show up. I'm directly connected to the gateway, my IP is no longer static as one of the pages said to have it set automatically, and I even went and turned off my IPV6 protocol. After all these steps, I STILL don't see my device show up on the port-forwarding page, is there something I'm missing? Thank you for any help.

Official Employee

Re: xFi Port-Forwarding not showing up device.

Hi @sjurch18

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. No need to apologize. Are these the steps you are following?  

How to Edit or Delete a Port Forward

1. Go to xfinity.com/myxFi or open the Xfinity xFi app and sign in with your Xfinity username and password.
  2. Select Network from the Overview section.
  3. Select Advanced Settings under More Options.
  4. Select Port Forwarding. All existing port forwards will be listed here.
  5. Select Edit next to the port forward you wish to edit or delete.
  6. Select Delete this Port Forward at the bottom of the screen if removing or Apply Changes after making edits.
    Port Forwarding settings screen

Note: Port forwards without an associated device can’t be edited. If you want to use an existing port forward that doesn’t have an associated device, you’ll need to delete it, then create a new one by selecting Add Port Forward.

How to Add a Port Forward

1. Visit xfinity.com/myxFi or open the xFi app and sign in with your Xfinity username and password.
  2. Select Network from the Overview section.
  3. Select Advanced Settings under More Options.
  4. Select Port Forwarding from the menu.
  5. Select Add Port Forward.

Note: If you've previously set up a port forward from your Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1), you should see it listed in the Port Forwarding Settings. Once you access port forwarding, Bedtime Mode or pause/unpause a device through xFi, you will no longer be able to access similar features (port forwarding, block or scheduled block) through the Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1).
  6. Choose the household device for the port forward you are setting up from the drop-down list of connected devices.
    Note: If you don't see the device listed, it may not be connected to your home network.
  7. Choose from the list of common applications to use a recommended, preset configuration (e.g., Xbox or PlayStation) or select Manual Setup to enter specific port numbers, ranges and/or protocols.
  8. Select Apply Changes to complete the setup of the port forward.
  9. The device you set up for this port forward can now use these settings.

Note: If you are unsure what port settings to choose, reference the device manual or the application you are trying to use. Opening unnecessary ports is not recommended, as it poses a security risk.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I know if my device is connected to the home network? My PC is connected directly to the gateway modem. It doesn't show up as a device in my port forward settings.

Highlighted
Official Employee

The best way to determine if your device is connected is to check the xFi app. 

Identifying Devices

When a device first connects to your home network, the default name of the device, which is either the manufacturer-set name (i.e., hostname or MAC address) or the one you gave your device when you first set it up, will be displayed. Devices connected to the public Xfinity WiFi hotspot, xfinitywifi, will not appear in your Devices list; hotspots are separate from your personal home network.

If you do not recognize a device:
    • Go to the Devices section. Select the device from the list, then select Device Details to see the manufacturer.
    • If the device is connected to your home network, there should be a green dot indicating that it's online, which may also help with identifying what device it is.
    • Access the hostname or MAC address in your device's settings. If the default name displayed is a long string of numbers and letters, it's likely the MAC address.

For more information on recognizing devices or accessing the hostname or MAC address from your device settings, see our xFi Frequently Asked Questions.

To download the xFi App or the xFi web portal, follow this link. I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!