Community Forum

xFi Port Forward Failures - Editing/Deleting Port Forwards

Administrator

xFi Port Forward Failures - Editing/Deleting Port Forwards

***UPDATE 12/12/18***

We are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. This will be resolved with the release of a new firmware update. That update should be going out to all modems within the next two weeks. Thanks again for your patience as we work to get this resolved.

***Original Message***

A Port Forwarding bug has been identified that is preventing the editing and deletion of existing port forwards in xFi. Attempts to edit or delete a port forward will fail and result in an error message, and performing a factory reset of your Gateway will not resolve the issue. This issue only impacts customers with an Arris 1682g Gateway - you can find your Gateway's make and model in xFi under Network > Gateway > Gateway Details. We apologize to all impacted customers.

A fix has been identified and we will provide an update on this thread as soon as we know when it will be available on all impacted Gateways.

In the interim, our engineering team is able to assist customers who are having issues editing or deleting port forwards. If you have a port forward that needs to be changed or deleted as soon as possible, please reach out and we can get this resolved for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: xFi Port Forward Failures - Editing/Deleting Port Forwards

Hi I'm affected by this issue and need help deleting a port.  I already attempted chat and phone call, however now one was able to help me.  Can you please assist me in deleting the port?

Regular Visitor

I'm also having this issue and had no luck contacting support. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
New Poster

Can I please have a port forward removed?  It is the only port forward currently assigned in my router.

New Poster

I would like all of the port forwards deleted in my router please.

Official Employee

@fcantelmo@mrembert, @noellesassany, please send me a private message with your request for port to be deleted. I would be happy to assist. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastDaniella

Hi Daniella, please PM me as well, I am having the same issue:

I added a port forwarding through xFi which was to the wrong port/device.

However, the xFi interface does not let me undo this issue.

I have a technician scheduled to the house this Saturday, but it this can be resolved online, I'd prefer this. 

I have two devices with both the HTTP and RTMP port forwarded (2nd was added to try to 'unlock' the xFi webpage) that both need to be removed. 

Or simpler - I should have no port forwardings on this router at all.

Please PM me if you can help, and avoid the technician's visit,

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Henry 

Regular Visitor

What is the status of the update? Do we have an ETA on the delivery of the fix?  

New Poster

I don’t have a 1682g gateway but I’m unable to delete a port. I think I may have entered the numbers wrong and calling support has been unable to help me.
New Poster

I also need assistance with deleting a port forwarding rule. 

On the support article about port-forwarding, it says this: "Note: Once you access port forwarding, Bedtime Mode or pause/unpause a device through xFi, you will no longer be able to access similar features (port forwarding, block or scheduled block) through the Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1)."

Is there a way to re-enable the advance user function in the admin tool? When I first looked at the admin tool, there was no option to enable port forwarding, even though we had not done any though xFI yet. 

New Poster

Hi I'm having issues deleting a port foward. I just wanted to play a game with a friend and I think I did something wrong and I can't delete the port

Official Employee

@kaadeg01@misahw@Adam_Denvir 

It looks like the new firmware (with the fix for port forwarding) has been pushed out to your Gateways. Please try editing/deleting port forwards through xFi again and let us know if you are still experiencing issues. 

Thanks!

@Arkhamfreak, can you please start a new thread to report the issue you are experiencing? Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

I was indeed able to update the bad entry and once I updated  the ip address/port combination it corrected the exisring mismatched  port assignment. Will attempt to delete the entry completely this weekend and report back.  Didnt want to risk breaking it again, as the port forward is essential to getting my job done.  More to follow.  Thanks for your assistance.