Community Forum

xFi Pods keep going offline

New Poster

xFi Pods keep going offline

xFi pods are the absolute worst. I don’t think there has been a single day since I’ve owned them that they’ve not gone offline. Now
they go offline on and off all day. I know it’s not the service to the house, just the waste of money pods. What’s even worse? I own these things. I can’t in good conscience sell them to some other person, it would be dishonest, which is why they’ll go in the garbage. For those considering xFi pods, look elsewhere, please, whatever you do, get another mesh system.
New Poster

Re: xFi Pods Going Offline

I am having the exact same issues. It's extremely frustrating. 

Official Employee

Re: xFi Pods keep going offline

Welcome, brettdevon. Thanks for posting! Below I have listed some helpful information pertaining to xFi pods.

Other than Xfinity Internet and a compatible xFi Gateway, is there anything else that is required to use xFi Pods?
In order to activate and use your Pods, your xFi Gateway must not be in Bridge Mode and your home network must have the following settings enabled:

• A password to join your WiFi network (i.e., your WiFi Security Mode setting must be one that's password protected, not Open).
  • One WiFi network name and password. (i.e., you cannot have a separate WiFi network name and password for your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks.)
  • An enabled and broadcasting WiFi network (i.e., your WiFi network cannot be disabled through the Gateway's Admin Tool (10.0.0.1)).

You can check the status of your Pods by going to the Network section of the xFi mobile app or website (xfinity.com/myxfi). If a Pod is offline, it will be indicated here and you can follow troubleshooting steps. If the Pod is online and working, it will have a green status.

What can I do if all my Pods are online, but I'm still having WiFi issues?
If you're getting WiFi coverage in areas of your home where there was once no or limited connectivity and none of the Pods are showing as offline, then the Pods are doing their job. If you're experiencing connectivity issues that are limiting your ability to perform specific functions (i.e., streaming video), you may benefit from the following:

• Connecting your device via Ethernet to a Pod or the Gateway.
  • Moving a Pod(s) closer to the Gateway or another Pod.
  • Purchasing additional Pods.
  • Disconnecting your device from your in-home WiFi network and reconnecting.

My device is right next to a Pod, so why is it connecting to a different Pod in another room?
In a WiFi mesh network, the best connection point for a device may not always be the one that's closest to it. Pods communicate with each other and the Gateway to monitor the number of devices connected in the home, their location, and the type of WiFi connection that each device needs. This ensures that your device is operating with the best signal. Think of it the same way that your GPS directs you to an alternate route to get you to your destination faster when there's too much traffic on the main road.

I would be happy to help you with this. Please clarify how many pods you're using and if you've activated all of the ones that you have. We will go from there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Can Xfinity offer a solution to the problem? It seems to be pretty common, based on the posts here. But all Xfinity offers is useless FAQ’s and troubleshooting tips like “don’t plug a pod into a receptacle behind a piece of furniture” as though that would contribute to a pod dropping offline. Absurd. Does anybody from Xfinity monitor this forum?
Official Employee

Can Xfinity offer a solution to the problem? It seems to be pretty common, based on the posts here. But all Xfinity offers is useless FAQ’s and troubleshooting tips like “don’t plug a pod into a receptacle behind a piece of furniture” as though that would contribute to a pod dropping offline. Absurd. Does anybody from Xfinity monitor this forum?

Bill_in_Chatham, yes we monitor this forum. Sorry to hear your pods issue is causing you frustration. The purpose of the pods is to connect you all over your home so when it drops the connection, it isn't functioning as expected! Let's get to the bottom of this. If I'm unable to resolve this for you, I'll get you in contact with a member of the xFi advanced repair team. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Having the same issues since I bought them. Only thing I find that works for a few days is delete them and reinstall them. Constantly not working. Not blocked by furniture, they are right out in plain sight.
Official Employee

Having the same issues since I bought them. Only thing I find that works for a few days is delete them and reinstall them. Constantly not working. Not blocked by furniture, they are right out in plain sight.

Loridusik, thanks for taking the time to post on the forums! I understand the issues you're seeing with the xFi pods are a frustrating experience. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you seeing any error messages on the xFi app when the pods go offline? How far are they from your modem? Have you tried rebooting your modem to see if the pods reconnect without having to go through the uninstall/install process? 

Ken

New Poster

It seems like the pods disconnect when too many devices are connected to one of them. I have a smart tv, Xbox one x, iPhone, iPad Pro, and laptop. However, even when I only use the smart tv, I will lose connectivity, then I have to wait about five minutes and the tv reconnects. It seems like the pod can only handle so much until it crashes.

New Poster

I’m having similar issues!
The darn thing works for 30-45 minutes and go’s into a safe mode and then comes back on. It keeps saying there’s a threat that needs action on my Xbox one x. Some malware bs. Didn’t have this issue with the previous modem but this xfi is for the birds and all Comcast can tell me is “everything looks fine” WELL IT ISNT FINE!!!!
Regular Visitor

They have a 30 day warranty period, if they are going offline every day why did you not return them?
Curious before mine expires.