Community Forum

xFi Pods for Gig Service?

New Poster

xFi Pods for Gig Service?

I recently upgraded to gig speed from 300mps. I already had 3 xFi Pods in the house but they don't seem to help now. Does anyone know the max speed of these Pods? I'm wondering if they can't handle Gig speed and I should just get rid of them?

By the way, so far I'm dissapointed in gig speed....

Contributor

Re: xFi Pods for Gig Service?

The pods will not support Gig speed.

Silver Problem Solver

@golfnbike13 wrote:

I recently upgraded to gig speed from 300mps. I already had 3 xFi Pods in the house but they don't seem to help now. Does anyone know the max speed of these Pods? I'm wondering if they can't handle Gig speed and I should just get rid of them?

By the way, so far I'm dissapointed in gig speed....

The 1GB plan is only supported with the right hardware and only on an ethernet connection.  I get about 500 down with my iPhone7 sitting next to my XB6 Gateway/Orbi.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @golfnbike13

Thanks for posting to the Forums. What type of modem are you using? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The Gateway provided by Comcast. Model CGM4140COM
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hey @golfnbike13

@RobertWy makes a good point. Pods are intended for coverage not speed. If you have WiFi dead spots, the pods will help with the coverage problems, but they will not deliver your max speed tier. I also wanted to re-emphasize that speed delivered to devices is dependent on the device's capabilities. Most devices cannot reach a full gig speed. I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!