Community Forum

xFi Pods connection issues

Frequent Visitor

xFi Pods connection issues

I have been working with support for 4 days now and they can not figure out why my xFi pods will not connect to the wireless system. Anyone else having this issue?

Contributor

Re: xFi Pods connection issues

Same problem here. 4 days as well. First XFi app was down and now all my pods will not connect but the app works. I have tried to remove and add but says something not right try again. Spoke to rep today from call a day or so before and I needed to be home so they would call back after 5pm. No call back.... I have had pods for almost a year and no issues. Now no one can get them to work. They are plugged in if anyone from Comcast is reading this and can get them to work. Please??
Contributor

Over 55 min with advanced tech support. They state my pods are likely bad and need new ones but will not send me any. I have to go pick up some from the store.... Another issue is that all my devices in my home have WiFi but it shows nothing is connected to the gateway? Tech support was nice but I don’t think they know what they are doing besides following an I’m sorry script. Any way to get a system engineer to look into my issues? I do not believe it is the pods are the issue but something happened when the outage was repaired and caused the pods to not connect. I am definitely not a tech expert but this might be a backend issue. Could I be contacted by someone to resolve. I would really appreciate it.
Contributor

Going on 5 days with no response. The issue started after your outage and app issue now no one will help solve it. I was told by 1 rep maybe if i replace them it will work but they don’t know if that will truly work. Won’t send me new ones but if I have my receipt I might be able to swap out at an xfinity store. Could I at least get a response from a Comcast engineer of what can be done to fix my issue?
Official Employee

jacktrude -- Thanks for reaching out.  Can you please send me a Private Message & provide the phone number or email address associated with your account? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

serviceman77 -- I apologize for the frustration. I was able to pull up your account & see the Pods offline.  I've shared with engineering to troubleshoot & can reach out when I have more information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you very much!
Frequent Visitor

I sent messaand phone number but no call back
Official Employee

serviceman77 -- I apologize for the delay. Engineering was able to troubleshoot & we're seeing the Pods online from our end.  Please let me know if you need any additional help.

jacktrude -- Thank you for the additional information.  When I pull up your account, I see the Pods online.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thank you very much for the help. They are back online! I am not sure if this is related but now my advanced security service is disabled and I am not able to turn it on without an error. Says we are having some trouble try back later. Any suggestions?
Official Employee

serviceman77 -- Let me take a look!

Official Employee

serviceman77 -- Made a change on our end - can you check now?

Contributor

Working as designed. Thank you very much for all the help!
Official Employee

serviceman77 -- Glad to hear it.  Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.