Community Forum

xFi Pods Launch Nationwide

Official Employee

xFi Pods Launch Nationwide

We're happy to announce the national availability of xFi Pods which give Xfinity Internet customers an innovative, new option for their whole-home WiFi needs.

The small, easy to install adaptive pods plug into any electrical outlet, pair with either the xFi Wireless Gateway or the xFi Advanced Gateway, and help customers extend reliable WiFi coverage to hard-to-reach areas of their home.

You can read more about the launch here -- 

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-announces-nationwide-launch-of-xfi-pods-a-new-w...

You can purchase Pods here -- 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-pod-3pack

Pods FAQs -- 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

Please let us know if you have any questions!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: xFi Pods Launch Nationwide

Bought the 3 pack, did the whole reset up my home network, pod appears to pair w device via Bluetooth but connection to network fails. Tried each pod, different plugin locations....fail. What’s the return process?
Silver Problem Solver

@Scottyranks wrote:
Bought the 3 pack, did the whole reset up my home network, pod appears to pair w device via Bluetooth but connection to network fails. Tried each pod, different plugin locations....fail. What’s the return process?

Did you call 1800comcast and explain your issue?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Same problem.  Talked to 6-8 reps including 3 supervisors.  One said I need a different Firmware.  Been waiting over a week to get the Firmware pushed to my box with no luck.......

COMAST XFINITY - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

@dmatt56 wrote:

Same problem.  Talked to 6-8 reps including 3 supervisors.  One said I need a different Firmware.  Been waiting over a week to get the Firmware pushed to my box with no luck.......

COMAST XFINITY - PLEASE HELP!!!!

What is the make and model of your gateway?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I am considering purchasing xFi pods. I understand your gateway must have the same username and password for both bands. Mine has the same password for both bands but different usernames. If I change to the same username will I have to reconnect all my devices or not, since I am not changing the password?
Silver Problem Solver

Other than Xfinity Internet and an xFi Gateway, is there anything else that is required to use xFi Pods?
In order to activate and use your Pods, your home network must have the following settings enabled:

• A password to join your WiFi network (i.e., your WiFi Security Mode setting must be one that's password protected, not Open).
  • One WiFi network name and password. (i.e., you cannot have a separate WiFi network name and password for your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks.)
  • An enabled and broadcasting WiFi network (i.e., your WiFi network cannot be disabled through the Gateway's Admin Tool (10.0.0.1)).

When you activate your Pods, you may be prompted to make any of the above changes to your settings if they are required.

New Poster

Thank you I already read that. My question is: since my 2.4 and 5 GHz networks already have the same password, if I change the name of one (so both have the same name), do I need to reconnect all my devices-since they are already signed in using the same password.
Silver Problem Solver

@AMV5587 wrote:
Thank you I already read that. My question is: since my 2.4 and 5 GHz networks already have the same password, if I change the name of one (so both have the same name), do I need to reconnect all my devices-since they are already signed in using the same password.

Only those that are using an SSID that you remove.  For instance, if you have SSID1 for 2.4 and SSID2 for 5.0 and you change SSID1 to SSID2, only those devices that are using SSID1 will have to reconnect using SSID2.

Official Employee

Scottyranks -- Thanks for reaching out. We're happy to help troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing with Pods. Are you seeing any specific errors? Any screenshots you can share would be helpful. Thanks! Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I accidentally ordered the pods how can I cancel this?
Silver Problem Solver

Try calling 1800comcast?

Regular Visitor

I have been trying to install my 3-pack of pods but none of them will connect. I plug them in and follow the on-screen instructions in the xFi app, but each time it stalls out at the "connecting pod" screen and then eventually gives me an error message about restarting the gateway (which I've tried and doesn't seem to help). It looks like others have experienced the same issue. When I called Comcast earlier, the support agent said someone from the advanced tech support team would call me back, but that was hours ago and I've still heard nothing. Can you help?

Frequent Visitor

I would be glad to help trouble shoot except I can't even get a 3 pack. I've tried for 4 weeks to place an order online thru chat tech support by phone and even went to the local service center. Meanwhile they are advertising and marketing them like crazy.

Everyone at xfinity I talk to says just go online and place an order. Finally, I walked an agent at the service center through the order process including the final message where you normally confirm an order and instead a message pops up saying they are not available in my area. I live in Seattle. That's it... No explanation and no one you talk to from xfinity knows anything more.

Now that I hear your story maybe it's a good thing I can't get them until they debug.

But why spend a ton of marketing $ in the Pacific Northwest when all they are doing is ticking people off who buy the new xfi router but can't get the pods? Crazy.

Hope you get them connected. If some drop into my lap from the sky, and I connect them successfully I will share the details with you!
Frequent Visitor

Here is the message I received a few minutes ago when trying to place an xpods order. They may be available nationwide... Except Seattle.... And???

"Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon."
Frequent Visitor

Here is the message I received a few minutes ago when trying to place an xpods order. They may be available nationwide... Except Seattle.... And???

"Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon."
Official Employee

dkeeling - I pulled up your account & escalated to engineering.  I'll reach out when I have more information.

phogenson - I believe you're seeing that message in error & will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

Purchased these things to improve wifi coverage. They worked for about teo weeks then they went offline.
Comcast rep told me to exchange them after two hours on the phone of troubleshooting. Installed the new pods, guess what, they still do not work.
If there is an outage with these things please let your customers know.

Official Employee

Tonytopcat -  Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account & see Pods successfully connected.   Are you still experiencing this issue?

Frequent Visitor

I assume you got my message that I was able to place an order today? Not sure exactly how these boards work so hopefully you got my 'thanks for your help'!

Official Employee

phogenson -- Got the message.  Glad we were able to get the issue resolved for you!

New Poster

My 3 xfi pods worked for two weeks but now have been offline since about July 14th.  I've had two calls with customer service with another promise today  to me back but no resolution.  Their only suggestion was to unplug, reboot modem and plug back in which I have done serveral times but they are still all offline.

Official Employee

aronowstein -- I pulled up your account & am escalating to engineering.

Official Employee

aronowstein -- Could you please try onboarding the Pods now?

New Poster

app says pods are back online.  Haven't tested yet.  should a status light be on. (there isn't)?  when they were offline a white light was blinking.

Official Employee

aronowstein -- Thanks for the additional information.  When Pods are working, the lights should be off.  Please test & let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regular Visitor

Hi Rachel -- not sure what you all did but my pods finally came online yesterday. Thanks!

Official Employee

dkeeling -- Thanks for reaching out & letting me know.  I'll circle back with engineering & provide that update.  Glad we were able to get that resolved for you.

Official Employee

aronowstein -- Wanted to check in with you to confirm if your Pods are now connected & working for you?  

Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastRachelH,

I purchased a package of 6 xFi pods that worked great until about July 18.  I restarted my Gateway, I switched up the pods, I got a technician to come here yesterday and I even exchanged them for different pods after that.  Nothing is working. I called Comcast again today and the lady told me that there is a system-wide outage but when I text OUT to 266278, it says there is no outage that they are aware of.   Is there anything else I can do before I give up on them?

Thank you!

Maria Zaneski

Frequent Visitor

Good morning (PST) Rachel. Just wanted to let you know my pods arrived yesterday, got them up and running and am online. Not sure exactly what you did but it is appreciated. All I know is that I was getting nowhere on ordering them until I sent you a note.  Thanks!

Have a great day.

PS the new xfi router and pods are impressive. Enjoying the speed and connectivity.

Pete

New Poster

Two questions. 1. Can they be plugged into a surge protector or must they be plugged into a wall outlet? 2. Can they be plugged into a separate building like a detached garage?
Frequent Visitor

Not 100% sure but I can check it out. I have a camera in a detached garage. Let me know if you want me to test.
Silver Problem Solver

@inguiolson wrote:
Two questions. 1. Can they be plugged into a surge protector or must they be plugged into a wall outlet? 2. Can they be plugged into a separate building like a detached garage?

I see no need for a surge protector for a pod.  You can plug a pod anywhere as long as it isn't too far away from another pod.

New Poster

Return them to the store you bought them from and get new ones... 

New Poster

Bring them back. I went thru a similar situation andafter 25+ hours on the phone and a tech at my house i was told I could open an engineering ticket or bring them back... I decided to open the engineering ticket and Then they  told me MY ONLY option now is to return them. 

Figures they just don't want to do anything. 

the new set seems to work alot better. My problem is that they sold me "new" equipment that was already on someone else's account.. I don't understand how it could have been new. 

New Poster

comcast does NOT support the Xfi pods you bought them you own them.. bring them back if they do not hook right up. I dealt with this for 25+ hours and ended up bringing them back and getting new ones. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, any change in password or user name will necessitate reconnecting devices.
New Poster

i’ve been getting this message for about a month now when trying to order these...
06C346E8-F632-4598-8E70-C060DE505787.png
Official Employee

tn1268 -- Sorry for the frustration.  I can Private Message you with more information.  Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

I would definitely not recommend the xfi pods to anyone. Please refer to my comment that I've already posted my username is hsearsh
New Poster

I have a pod that lost connection and it won’t come back online
Contributor

I've had very good performance with the 3 pack of xFi pods I purchased from day one.   I would strongly recommend these for homes that have dead spots and weak signal strength that your main gateway can't reach.   I've had absolutely no problem with these and love how they operate.   I can easily stream 4k programming from Netflix and Youtube through my smart TV with no issues.   They work great!!

Official Employee

hbwone -- Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience.

Cynned77 -- I pulled up your account & see 3 Pods online.  Are you still experiencing this issue?