Community Forum

xFi Pods Going Offline

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

xFi Pods Going Offline

I'm experiencing the same issues I've seen multiple other community members have with their xFi Pods going offline. After experiencing these issues with the Pods I purchased from the Comcast online store for quite some time and performing recommended debugging steps multiple times, including:

1.) Removing/re-Adding Pods

2.) Rebooting XB6 Gateway
3.) Repositioning pods in various locations following recommended placement guidelines

I was told by a suppoprt rep to return the defective Pods and that they would ship me a a brand new set of 3. I received and activated the brand new Pods 2 days ago and after working for only a couple of hours, all 3 Pods started going offline. Worse performance than the original set I bought.

To be clear, I get better network performance overall WITHOUT the pods in my home. I have poor reception in some key locations which is why I purchased the Pods in the first place, but when the Pods start malfunctioning, it brings the entire network in the house to a crawl and/or makes the network intermittent or down for long stretches.

I'd like some clear steps on what needs to be done to address this issue

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xFi Pods Going Offline

Thanks for reaching out.  I have received your Private Message about this issue & have responded to you there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

So what is the solution ? I have rebooted my modem many times and it is still happening. If I go unplug them and replug, they will only work for a short time. I want a permanent solution.
Highlighted
New Poster

Call support and have them deprovisoned (remove them from your account) then go through the xFi activation process again. This will resolve the issue