Community Forum

xFi Pod + xFi Advanced Gateway = Power Off?

New Poster

xFi Pod + xFi Advanced Gateway = Power Off?

After adding 3 xFi Pods to my gateway,  I'm noticing that my gateway completely powers off after a period of time.  The time between power-offs could be 1-3 hours.   In order to power the gateway back up, I have to pull the power-cord and plug it back in.  Really annoying!

I suspect this could be an issue with heat but the gateway doesn't seem to be too hot before powering off. 

I've called technical support a couple of times but they didn't have a solution to the problem.   I also tried a full factory reset and still ran into the same issue.  Has anyone else run into this issue ?

Official Employee

Re: xFi Pod + xFi Advanced Gateway = Power Off?

Kang1 --

Thanks for reaching out.  To troubleshoot further -- can you share some dates & times that the Gateway has powered off?

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Sorry, I've disconnected my xFi pods this morning and I haven't seen the issue occur again.  So, I'm pretty sure it's related to the pods.

Unfortunately,  I don't have exact times when the shutdown occurred.   It occurred a couple of times this morning between 8-10 Pacific time before I disconnected/unplugged the xFi pods.  

Official Employee

Kang1 --

Thanks for the additional info.  I've shared this with engineering to troubleshoot & will let you know when I have more information.

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Kang1 --

To allow us to investigate, we would need you to activate your Pods again.  Can you please reactivate & let me know?

Thanks!

Rachel