Community Forum

xFi Pod Ethernet Backhaul

New Poster

xFi Pod Ethernet Backhaul

When will Comcast update the xFi Pod firmware to enable ethernet backhaul?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi Pod Ethernet Backhaul

@Chicago7 wrote:

When will Comcast update the xFi Pod firmware to enable ethernet backhaul?

I didn't know it wasn't available.  (I have Orbi, not pods)  My understanding is you can connect an ethernet cable from a pod to a computer, etc and they will connect.  Is that not your experience?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

What can I do if all my Pods are online, but I'm still having WiFi issues?
If you're getting WiFi coverage in areas of your home where there was once no or limited connectivity and none of the Pods are showing as offline, then the Pods are doing their job. If you're experiencing connectivity issues that are limiting your ability to perform specific functions (i.e., streaming video), you may benefit from the following:

• Connecting your device via Ethernet to a Pod or the Gateway.
  • Moving a Pod(s) closer to the Gateway or another Pod.
  • Purchasing additional Pods.
  • Disconnecting your device from your in-home WiFi network and reconnecting.
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: xFi Pod Ethernet Backhaul

RobertWy -- This user is asking about something else. Smiley Happy

Chicago7 -- xFi Pods are currently designed to connect wirelessly to each other and the xFi Gateway, and cannot be connected via Ethernet to each other or the Gateway during or after activation. Each xFi Pod includes an Ethernet port in case you want to connect a stationary device, such as a printer, directly to the network. Support for Ethernet Backhaul functionality (so that xFi Pods can be connected via Ethernet to the xFi Gateway during or after activation) is on our roadmap but not currently supported.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!