Community Forum

xFi Data Usage Not Tracking.

New Poster

xFi Data Usage Not Tracking.

Hello, 

Since the 28th of November my xFi app shows no one has used any data which is not possible as I am constanly on my phone, I played on my xbox for a few hours and my nephew was awake and online for a few hours. There should be SOME activity but it's showing straight 0's.

Individual profiles are also showing zero. The app is updated to the most recent update and nothing has changed to my knowledge. 

Was there an update I was unaware of? 

Regular Visitor

Re: xFi Data Usage Not Tracking.

I am having the same exact issue with my XFi app as well! I called to ask about the problem and issue was not resolved.

New Poster

Same here
New Poster

I'm having the same problem but I'm also getting an over usage message.
New Poster

Same issue here
New Poster

Just installed and having same issue. That's why I'm here.
New Poster

Same problem here. I’d really like to hear the solution from Comcast/Xfinity.
New Poster

Me too
I called about this and they said it’s beyond customer support
New Poster

Same here!!!  Tried all to reset but can't get it to work.

New Poster

Since 11/28/18, our usage has shown an extraordinary amount, pushing us over the limit. We usually use 300/month, now it’s over 1000 even though our actual behaviors have not changed and no devices have been added!
New Poster

Following - having the same issue!!!
New Poster

I have had the exact same issue with the app over the same time. Does tell me total data used for December but data info for data use for profiles and devices is just telling me 0 data used even though that is wrong. Tried resetting gateway in the app but no help. Came to this forum to find many others having same problem and from what I have read Comcast has no solution. Frustrating.
Regular Visitor

A Comcast/Xfinity rep called yesterday and did some troubleshooting. We edited a profile setting called “Active Time Alert” to the default (3hr) on each individual profile. It didn’t correct itself until today (approximately 24 hrs later). But the percentages are now reflecting activity more accurately and now showing zeros anymore.
Silver Problem Solver

@Paulene1 wrote:
A Comcast/Xfinity rep called yesterday and did some troubleshooting. We edited a profile setting called “Active Time Alert” to the default (3hr) on each individual profile. It didn’t correct itself until today (approximately 24 hrs later). But the percentages are now reflecting activity more accurately and now showing zeros anymore.

I found this that mentions active time alerts:

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/xfi-rolls-out-new-active-time-alert-feature

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!