Community Forum

xFi Advanced Security Blocking Legitimate Website (a major cloud storage platform)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

xFi Advanced Security Blocking Legitimate Website (a major cloud storage platform)

Hey there

We had the XFINITY Advanced Gateway device installed yesterday, and all seems to be working fine. We also have xFi Advantage with Advanced Security and I noticed that access to a major cloud storage provider, wasabisys.com, is deemed a threat and is being blocked.

I can't get to files, run backups, access tax records, etc etc because it's being blocked. The only option is to unblock it for 1 hour at a time. That's not going to cut it. 

How can this be unblocked? 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xFi Advanced Security Blocking Legitimate Website (a major cloud storage platform)

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & take a look at the issue you described. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi Advanced Security Blocking Legitimate Website (a major cloud storage platform)

I'm using Advanced Security too. Noticed that my Fire TV and Alexa devices are being blocked from Amazon servers, not sure what my devices are "phoning home" about, but seems legit to me. Doesn't effect my service. Probably false positives.

As far as I know the service is provided to Comcast by CUJO AI.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Paraniod, thank you for reaching out! If the xFi Advanced Security detects a threat that you feel is not needed, you can ignore the threat through the xFi App. Here's more info: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Could you please send me the full url that you are trying to access within wasabisys.com