Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

xFI not showing devices

Contributor

xFI not showing devices

xFi is not showing all my devices which I know are working on my wifi network. This happens with the app and PC. Example, my iPhone will show up for a few minutes and then drop off even though I am using it. My printer showed up when I first started using this xFi junk but now it's not, even though I'm printing. Another Comcast blunder! If it doesn't change I will reset my gateway, which I already have, only this time I will wipe it clean and start over. Uninstall the app and stop using xFI. Got along fine without it to begin with!!! And yes before you ask, I am using Gateway: Cisco 3941T

Official Employee

Re: xFI not showing devices

wgd1206, can you ensure you are connected to your home network and not xfinitywifi? Please uninstall and reinstall the app. Let me know if this issue is replicated. 

Administrator
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

This whole change with the modem/router setup is ridiculous. Can Comcast PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back an option to use the old setup. Maybe on the xfi account page, have a selection to use the xfi gui acount or to use the standard router login e.g. 10.0.0.1

My devices are not showing up and I need to forward some ports, all I want to do is log in and get it done, should be so simple, but have to make it difficult BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORKING!!