Community Forum

wifi is dial up slow with 1Gig speeds

Highlighted
New Poster

wifi is dial up slow with 1Gig speeds

Ok so i have called a few times. long story. just upgraded to 1gig speed. new modem. New laptop. like march new. my wifi speeds on my laptop avrage 2.5 mbps  sometimes i am at 485 kbps. now this is only on laptop at home, when getting 2.5 on laptop, iphone test at 400 mbps galaxy 10 350mbps. if i use ethernet line i get maybe 90 to 100. now i figured it was laptop, spent month fighting with dell and bestbuy trying to fix it. took to best buy, on their wifi we get 150 and at wifes work 250 plus, come home 2.4   my modem is the tg3482g and wireless card is intel wireless-ac 9560. they are maybe sending me pods but if im 3 feet from modem now with that speed i dont see this helping. please hook me up

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: wifi is dial up slow with 1Gig speeds

@johnbear27 wrote:

Ok so i have called a few times. long story. just upgraded to 1gig speed. new modem. New laptop. like march new. my wifi speeds on my laptop avrage 2.5 mbps  sometimes i am at 485 kbps. now this is only on laptop at home, when getting 2.5 on laptop, iphone test at 400 mbps galaxy 10 350mbps. if i use ethernet line i get maybe 90 to 100. now i figured it was laptop, spent month fighting with dell and bestbuy trying to fix it. took to best buy, on their wifi we get 150 and at wifes work 250 plus, come home 2.4   my modem is the tg3482g and wireless card is intel wireless-ac 9560. they are maybe sending me pods but if im 3 feet from modem now with that speed i dont see this helping. please hook me up

You can find help in the Your Home Network forum.  Here is one article:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!