Community Forum

turn on guest network

Highlighted
Contributor

turn on guest network

Why has comcast crippled a users ability once they install pods? I need separate SSID names and a Guest 2.4 network. Help
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: turn on guest network

Philbes -- xFi Pods create a mesh WiFi network in your home & require that you only have one WiFi network name and password. Your network still has both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands, but now your Gateway will sort out the best connection at any given time for your devices.

If your guests are Xfinity Internet customers, using Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot may be an option.  You can read more details at the following link --

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/help-guests-get-online

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I have to wifi devices that will not connect on ty he combined SSID. I have turned off my 5g for now. I will check out the article.
Highlighted
Contributor

My guest are not Comcast customers and with all the unresolved cabling of issues i am having and the limits you place on your routers, i would them to a not use Comcast. Additionally, i dont have an xfinity SSID id and i dont want one