Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

port forwarding still says "we're having some trouble"

New Poster

port forwarding still says "we're having some trouble"

Other people have reported this, it's been the same for over a month.  You can't update the port forwarding directly on the router any more, if you use the xfinity.com web site to try to add a port forward you get the error "we're having some trouble", "please try again.  if the problem persists, check back later." "try again", which I've done over the last two weeks.  It doesn't work.  

If you try to use the Xfinity Xfi app, it has exactly the same error.  Rebooting the router doesn't fix it.  I have one other port forward on the router that IS working, I don't want to factory reset it and potentially not be able to use it at all.

ComcastBrittany(?) has said a couple of times that the problem is fixed, no customer has agreed with her, it still doesn't work.

Regular Contributor

Re: port forwarding still says "we're having some trouble"

Hello jspears357 ,

I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused you. I would like to confirm your firmware is up-to-date along with any other refreshes I can send to your modem. Would you please verify your account with me by sending me a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address? Once I have this information I can begin. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

i am having the same problems, I really want to disassoiate Xfi from my home router, is that possible?

Regular Contributor

Hello kcmusa108,

I am a bit confused as to your question. The xFi is an interface that allows you easy controls over your Comcast Gateway. If you do not want to use that interface and prefer your home router you can connect it for your routing. If you are meaning to disable the functions of the Gateway and only use your home router, you can enable bridge mode and connect your router to port 1 on the gateway. If neither of these is what you mean please clarify so I can better assist.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This thread seems to be the issue and topic I'm also curious about. My router must have updated its firmware without my knowledge because now port forwarding is managed in the xFi app, which I dislike immensely. Not only were all my ports and configurations wiped from the router, but now I cant forward any of the ports I had. (Meaning the xFi app will not let me re-port-forward any of the ports I had. Essentially crippling my entire networking setup).

As a user further up in this thread asked, is there any way to downgrade or disable the xFi system and return to the port forwarding page I had? The page where I could actually add ports, and it would actually open them to the internet, whereas now, even after opening ports using the xFi app (when it lets you... which often times it doesn't), they are still closed off to the internet, which is very frustrating. 

Any help is appreciated!

Regular Visitor

To the Offical Comcast Employee ( 

Official Employee) who says that the XFI is an easy to use....    That is the problem. It doesn't work. 
Everyone is having the same problem with port forwarding including myself.   
Suggesting using my home router is not the answer.   
If we can't disable XFI which took an easy to use interface on the router at 10.0.0.1 and made it not work.   
Why would you not leave something that was working great alone?   
In any case, when can we expect this to be fixed?

Thanks!

New Poster

How do I turn off xFi?  Is it possible to roll back router firmware to before this was added?  I want to be able to forward ports using the local router interface, and not using a web app. 

New Poster