Community Forum

pods

Highlighted
New Poster

pods

I purchased xFi Pods and installed one.  I immediately started having network connection and DNS issues with my two wired desktops in my home.  I removed the pod and the problem went away.

Is there something that I need configure?  Any suggestion on trouble shooting this issue?

Official Employee

Re: pods

6905Royal -- 

Thanks for reaching out.  Can you provide additional information about your network setup?

Are your two Desktop computers hardwired to the Gateway directly? 
Can you also confirm that when you set up the Pods, that they were not connected via Ethernet to each other or to the Gateway?

Thanks!

Rachel

New Poster

The desktops are connected to a switch which is connected to the gateway.

The pod was connected to the gateway with an Ethernet cable.
Silver Problem Solver

@6905Royal wrote:
The desktops are connected to a switch which is connected to the gateway.

The pod was connected to the gateway with an Ethernet cable.

I don't have pods but I read where the ethernet port cannot be used; they have to be connected to wifi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

(Installation Instructions)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

6905Royal -- 

Thanks for the additional information.  Pods should not be connected via ethernet to the Gateway.

Be sure to plug your Pods into active electrical outlets. Do not connect your Pods directly to your xFi Gateway using the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Pod. The Pods connect wirelessly to the xFi Gateway. You will not be able to activate your Pods if one is connected directly to the Gateway.

Can you please try reconnecting the Pods (using the steps in the following link) & let me know if the issue with your hardwired desktops persists?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfi-pod-with-xfi-app

Thanks!

Rachel