Community Forum

password for protection xFi

New Poster

password for protection xFi

I like that I can stop and control wifii for different devices since I have an 11 year old.   Only thing, he has figured out how to go in to xFi and change the settings for the devices.   Can you tell me if you have a way to stop him from doing that with a password protection.  Thank you.  

Official Employee

Re: password for protection xFi

JLellison wrote:

I like that I can stop and control wifii for different devices since I have an 11 year old.   Only thing, he has figured out how to go in to xFi and change the settings for the devices.   Can you tell me if you have a way to stop him from doing that with a password protection.  Thank you.  

Hi JLellison, do you know how he is accessing xFi and changing the settings? xFi can be accessed through the mobile app and website, but in order to login, the user must be either the primary or unrestricted secondary user on the account. 

Some xFi features are accessible through the X1 app on the TV. The X1 app can be password protected by going into Parental Controls and setting a pin for xFi app access. 

I hope this helps. 

Regular Visitor

I have multiple X1 boxes in my house.  Does putting parental controls on one box apply to all boxes or do I need to put on each box individually?

Silver Problem Solver

@FabFred wrote:

I have multiple X1 boxes in my house.  Does putting parental controls on one box apply to all boxes or do I need to put on each box individually?

I don't use xFi for X1; it has its own parental control.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-tv-settings-online

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.