Community Forum

low wifi speed

Highlighted
Contributor

low wifi speed

went over all this with online support. so basically my wired internet speed is great. average 295-300+, no problem., BUT my wifi is very low. i average 25-28 download speed. this is with laptop right next to modem.  i thought i would come here first to see if i can get some feedback on what i might do to fix this, before i call a tech on the phone, which is what support told me to do since they couldn't figure out what's up.  my comcast modem setup is:

Voice and Data Modem (combined modem/router)
CISCO DPC3941T

internet speed is  suppose to be for 250 mbps

"i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: low wifi speed

@sojihea wrote:

went over all this with online support. so basically my wired internet speed is great. average 295-300+, no problem., BUT my wifi is very low. i average 25-28 download speed. this is with laptop right next to modem.  i thought i would come here first to see if i can get some feedback on what i might do to fix this, before i call a tech on the phone, which is what support told me to do since they couldn't figure out what's up.  my comcast modem setup is:

Voice and Data Modem (combined modem/router)
CISCO DPC3941T

internet speed is  suppose to be for 250 mbps

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!