Community Forum

is there any reason to have the Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway over the Xfinity xFi Gateway

Regular Visitor

is there any reason to have the Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway over the Xfinity xFi Gateway

i Know the (trapezoid) Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway has less Ethernet ports but is capable of doing 1000Mbps and the (Rectangle) Xfinity xFi Gateway only goes up to 700Mbps and has more Ethernet Ports. Is there any reason like features or other things to switch to the advanced over the regular if you do not have 1000Mbps Internet plan ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: is there any reason to have the Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway over the Xfinity xFi Gateway

@Mowers28 wrote:

i Know the (trapezoid) Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway has less Ethernet ports but is capable of doing 1000Mbps and the (Rectangle) Xfinity xFi Gateway only goes up to 700Mbps and has more Ethernet Ports. Is there any reason like features or other things to switch to the advanced over the regular if you do not have 1000Mbps Internet plan ?

My personal opinion is that the XB6 is a better gateway than the XB3.  And the cost is the same.

And there are some future features that require the XB6:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/xFi-Advantage-now-available-in-the-Central-Division/...

But you may not need them now.

At some point, the XB6 will be the default for new installations.  Comcast has to keep up with the competition with future upgrades.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: is there any reason to have the Xfinity xFi Advanced Gateway over the Xfinity xFi Gateway

That's what i also believe i had the XB6 installed at my rental and the odd part about it is i only had 105Mbps there and then i moved and changed my plan to a higher Mbps and they came out and installed the XB3 it seems that Comcast has no rhyme or reason to what they actually install the only bit of info the tech (subcontractor) could give about the differences is that he has had to replace more XB6 modems because of problems that the Xb3