Community Forum

iPhone will connect to Xfi network but no internet

Regular Visitor

iPhone will connect to Xfi network but no internet

My PC and my wife’s IPhone 7 will connect to my home Xfi network with no problem, my iPhone SE will connect fine, but no data will flow. My phone will connect and use the xfinity WiFi which is spawned by my system, but not the home system itself.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: iPhone will connect to Xfi network but no internet

@Jsthvnf1 wrote:
My PC and my wife’s IPhone 7 will connect to my home Xfi network with no problem, my iPhone SE will connect fine, but no data will flow. My phone will connect and use the xfinity WiFi which is spawned by my system, but not the home system itself.

Are you saying your phone won't connect to your SSID/password?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

My phone will connect to the network using the password, but no data will flow.  This will happen with my son's phone too.  Shows connected, no actual data is transferred.

Silver Problem Solver

@Jsthvnf1 wrote:

My phone will connect to the network using the password, but no data will flow.  This will happen with my son's phone too.  Shows connected, no actual data is transferred.

You need to check your device to make sure it is set to use wifi rather than you phone's network.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

My device is set to Wifi, and it will connect to the Wifi hotspot and data will flow.  When I return to my home network, all data stops, even though it shows connected and my wife's phone is working fine connected to our home network.  It's baffeling. 

Silver Problem Solver

@Jsthvnf1 wrote:

My device is set to Wifi, and it will connect to the Wifi hotspot and data will flow.  When I return to my home network, all data stops, even though it shows connected and my wife's phone is working fine connected to our home network.  It's baffeling. 

Have you tried deleting the SSID connection and re-establishing it?