Community Forum

iPhone XS Max issues with xFi Pods

Highlighted
New Poster

iPhone XS Max issues with xFi Pods

So overall my xFi pods have been great at spreading signal around my house; however, the iPhones in my house struggle with them. If I’m streaming audio, I often lose a connection enough that the stream stops - happens often if I’m moving around my house while listening. WiFi calling in my house is unusable; move at all with the phone and it drops the call (or at least makes it break up for a moment). It’s get quite annoying. Presumably, all these problems are occurring when my phone swaps from one pod to another.

I can see that others have asked about this once before, but no solution seemed to be offered. Is there a solution or a setting that can be set that can make the transition seem less with an iPhone? Thanks!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: iPhone XS Max issues with xFi Pods

I e had the same issues with my iPhone 8. I lose connection, but after I turn off WiFi and turn back in it connects and is great. Any suggestions? When I call I just get a big run around with the customer service.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same. Everyone uses iPhones in our family and every couple of minutes the WiFi stops working, we disconnect, then reconnect, just to keep using the system. I have called, the tech guy has been out and he “solved” it but it really didn’t. Now, they are sending another guy this week. Doesn’t happen with anything else. Just the iphones.
Highlighted
New Poster

Having the exact same problem with our iPhones as we move about the house. We turn off WiFi and turn back on to reconnect. It’s very annoying and defeats the purpose of purchasing the XFi Pods. Has anyone heard of a resolution for this ridiculous problem?
Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem here with both iPhones in the house. No issue with iPads.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi All, 

We are working with a known issue present on WiFi calling via XFINITY Mobile. Apologies for the inconvenience while we work on a fix. When your connection drops, how many devices are connected to a particular pod? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello I am happy to hear you are aware of the WiFi connection drop on iPhones.  As stated, this happens as you travel through the house, assumably as the device tries to connect to another xFi Pod on the mesh network.  Currently, I have no more than 1 or 2 devices on each of my 3 pods.   The only way for my iPhone to connect after the connection drops is to turn off WiFi on my phone and turn back on.   It works fine until I leave the room and move to another part of the house that utilizes a new pod.   Then I have to repeat the WiFi off/on process again.    Are there any settings that can be adjusted for this?

Highlighted
New Poster

We have the same problem not just WiFi calling like the rep pointed to. You can be watching a video or anything, browsing a page and the internet just stops. It still shows connected to WiFi, but you have to turn WiFi off and back on to get anything to work. This can happen with just my wife at home and no other devices on or connected.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi All, a new iOS update has been released. Have you been able to download it and retest for drops? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, the iOS update solved my issue! Thank you!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Yes, the iOS update solved my issue! Thank you!

Kennyp354, Fantastic! Glad to hear it! 🙂