Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

device paused

New Poster

device paused

my phone is paused. It won't let me unpause it and keeps saying that the device is working fine. I have been all over this site trying to figure it out and I'm getting nothing here. I have reset my modem and it was working fine 2 days ago. anybody got any ideas?

Expert
Official Employee

Re: device paused

LESLIE10, did you try RobertWy's suggestion? I was thinking a factory reset may resolve this as the post suggested. 

KenF

New Poster

Re: device paused

comcastKen, I did not try it the way the other guy said to because I didn't feel comfortable enough and figured I would mess it up. However I did hit the reset button on the back, that then caused me to spend the next 30-45 mins on the phone. The reason is because there was some update to the modems that when you hard reset the modem, the gateways names have to be changed and the password. I had to talk to one person first and they went through all the step available, then I was transfered to the wifi expert (sorry I don't remember what they called themselves) and they were able to rename and get me up and running. Bonus the pause on my device (which was my phone) is now fixed.