Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

data usage

New Poster

data usage

For the past two months I have been going over my data usage of 1 terabyte. Previous 6 months leading up to this I averaged around 500 g. I have not changed any watching or streaming patterns and have been monitoring who is logged onto my wifi and havent had any unwanteds. I also updated to the xfinity free malware software after it was recommended by an xfinity rep. After multiple calls to xfinity with this issue it still has not been resolved and our data used 30 g overnight with us just sleeping and not using anything. Mostly I'm coming on here to vent as it seems like no one from xfinity wants to fix this problem and I will either be stuck paying overages or need to switch to a different provider. Thanks for reading.

Expert

Re: data usage

@davemrog wrote:

For the past two months I have been going over my data usage of 1 terabyte. Previous 6 months leading up to this I averaged around 500 g. I have not changed any watching or streaming patterns and have been monitoring who is logged onto my wifi and havent had any unwanteds. I also updated to the xfinity free malware software after it was recommended by an xfinity rep. After multiple calls to xfinity with this issue it still has not been resolved and our data used 30 g overnight with us just sleeping and not using anything. Mostly I'm coming on here to vent as it seems like no one from xfinity wants to fix this problem and I will either be stuck paying overages or need to switch to a different provider. Thanks for reading.

I was able to upgrade my phone service to unlimited for a few dollars more and now it seems I am not going over the 1TB limit. YMMV. 

Gold Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote: ... I was able to upgrade my phone service to unlimited for a few dollars more and now it seems I am not going over the 1TB limit. YMMV. 

What does "upgrading my phone service" mean exactly, and how does it affect Internet plan usage?

Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@RobertWy wrote: ... I was able to upgrade my phone service to unlimited for a few dollars more and now it seems I am not going over the 1TB limit. YMMV. 

What does "upgrading my phone service" mean exactly, and how does it affect Internet plan usage?

I have Sprint for my phones.  I upgraded my plan to unlimited data.  Then I set all my Sprint devices to use cell data rather than Internet data.