Community Forum

cgm4140com

New Poster

cgm4140com

Does anyone else have trouble with this modem/router? I have had 15 Tec’s Come to my house and can’t figure out the issue.
cgm4140com
Silver Problem Solver

Re: cgm4140com


@Tony521 wrote:
Does anyone else have trouble with this modem/router? I have had 15 Tec’s Come to my house and can’t figure out the issue.
cgm4140com

I have an XB6 and I haven't had any issues. My model is the Arris TG3482G.  Maybe Comcast will swap out yours for my model.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: cgm4140com

I had a  Arris TG3482G that was acting up and loging quit working.  Was given this model and have ahdfaster speeds and logs work.  I saw another post were a person went through three cgm4140com's before gettign a good one.  What do the techs say?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: cgm4140com


@kahnfewzd wrote:

I had a  Arris TG3482G that was acting up and loging quit working.  Was given this model and have ahdfaster speeds and logs work.  I saw another post were a person went through three cgm4140com's before gettign a good one.  What do the techs say?


I haven't spoken to any techs.  There has been discussion about the gateways in the Internet forum; some were getting hot and they replaced those.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: cgm4140com

Hi @Tony521, what type of issues are you experiencing with your Gateway?

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: cgm4140com

I have now had two CGM4140COM modems in the last week--both making unacceptably loud buzzing sounds.  A third is being sent to me.
Techs on the phone tell me they should be quiet. Any input/solutions on this issue?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: cgm4140com


@Jude2323 wrote:

I have now had two CGM4140COM modems in the last week--both making unacceptably loud buzzing sounds.  A third is being sent to me.
Techs on the phone tell me they should be quiet. Any input/solutions on this issue?


Mine is quiet - XB6 TG3482G.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!