Community Forum

Your home WiFi assessment is complete - but not really

Regular Visitor

Your home WiFi assessment is complete - but not really

Your home WiFi assessment is complete.

Over the last 14 days we've used our advanced algorithm to analyze and assess your use of WiFi in your home. Our results show that your WiFi is providing reliable coverage where you use it most.

BUT ...

- The xFi Router was bad 

---- Insatlled 2/27

---- Need to be retarted and unplugged almost daily

---- Died 10 days later on 3/9

- The coveage was soo poor that

---- we aquired a network switch

AND

---- we re-ectivated a hard-wired (Ethernet Cable) Router in the Basement

--- That's several items:  Phones (2) , Laptops (3) and an Xbox

- The coverage on the main floor did seem adequate

- My Office Desktop is hard-wired (Ethernet Cable)

- The DTE Energy Bridge is hard-wired (Ethernet Cable)

- There is an extra hard-wire (Ethernet Cable) in my office for visitors

Official Employee

Re: Your home WiFi assessment is complete - but not really

Hi @jjschultzii

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, and thank you for sharing your feedback. Based on the information you provided, it leads me to believe there is some sort of line or signal issue. Do you mind if I pull up your account to investigate a little? Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. If you aren't the account holder, I will also need their name and the phone number associated with the account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks for verifying your account info in a private message @jjschultzii. I wanted to reply publically in case your situation is able to help others who may be experiencing this. The WiFi assessment is dependent on measuring the signal to WiFi connected devices. The assessment will not be able to detect poor connectivity if there is nothing connected via WiFi in a poor connectivity state. 

I did more research regarding your WiFi Assesment. Since you are using a switch, and a number of the devices were having issues, it seems as if the WiFi Assesment didn't have anything to measure because there was nothing connected via WiFi. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

So, those that did try were so disappointed they immediately switched back to  the self-supplied hard-wired router. 

--> Seems the home WifFi Assessment expects us to use something that doesn't work well enough and pretend that it does? 

--> those that did try were so disappointed they immediately switched backto something reliable.

Official Employee

I understand. Because of what you're reporting, I wanted to know if  I can access your account to check a few things out on my end. If you are willing to let me check it out, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? 

Regular Visitor

I replied privately the first time you requested me to do so and then you posted publicly.  You didn't wnt to assist me then other than be littling me.  We'll live with the underwhelming xFi.  So, let us just agree to disagree.

Official Employee

Hi @jjschultzii

It's not that I didn't want to help you. I've been out of the office for a few days. I'm going through my private messages now and will be replying to you soon. Thank you for your patience. 

New Poster

This response is extremely frustrating...if I have poor WiFi connectivity, I will move the device to an area of my home that has better WiFi connectivity. I had the assessment (without my knowledge) completed 14 days after installation. The report came back showing we had great connectivity throughout our home. One problem - we hadn’t moved in! We still are not living at our new home full time. I currently work throughout the day from the same room as the modem/router. Am I able to request a new assessment after we completely move in and have EVERYTHING connected to the WiFi? We have a 4400+ Sq. Ft. home with an additional 2200 sq. Ft. Unfinished Basement. WE HAVE DEAD ZONES. Not dead spots...dead zones of our home.

Being able to request a new assessment would be appreciated.
Official Employee

SharG, sorry to hear about this! When are you scheduled to move into your new home? I'd be more than happy to access your signal levels at your home and also access the integrity of your network and let you know of next steps if there are concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Hello,

I have had the xfinity assesement and they it say that but network is fine. IT IS NOT, I have 5 devives that don't conect to the network 5.0 or 2.4 but it doesnt show in the wifi assesement. I was on the phone with xifinity for many hours and  was told that i was going to get extra pods and never received  anything.

You internet assesment is very incorrect and I need help to ge those devices conected to the internet.

can you help?

Official Employee

hcnneto, thanks for posting about your concerns of the wireless assesement. I've gotten your private messages and will follow up with you there. 

New Poster

I am loyalty customer and need manager from comcast to call me immediately!!!

New Poster

Upper floor doesn't get good wifi
Silver Problem Solver

@Lisazaragoza wrote:
Upper floor doesn't get good wifi

You will probably need some kind of extender.  I use the Orbi but there are others:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/wifi-system/view

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

As an xFi Advantage customer, your service includes an assessment of your home WiFi coverage. After a recent review, weʼre proud to report that your coverage is still looking great!

BUT

1.  Temorary Cable was run althe way around the dweling instead of in a straightline to the box which requires boring under the drieway.  This issue started when the ground was frozen (March) and likely may not be resolved until it is frozen again, the leaves are already starting to fall.

2.  We have NOT disconnected the WiFi Extender (Additional Router) in the lower level.

NOT sure how an assesment is or could be successfully completed remotely.  DTE sends out a representative to physically evalute electrical useage since there really is no way to measure specific devices or areas.  It is amazing how XFi is able to do this without an onsite pressence.

Sincerely,

J.. J> Schultz II