Community Forum

Xfinity xfi pods and my network(s)

New Poster

Xfinity xfi pods and my network(s)

I am trying to connect my pods to my network but it only recognizes the Gateway one. I also use a linksys router but the app cannot find it. Because of issues with our security system, we separated the networks. Is there a way I can get the xFi app to find my other network?

If not, I don't think the pods will work. 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xfi pods and my network(s)

That’s how the pods work, they extend the gateway, there’s no communication between personal networking equipment

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xfi pods and my network(s)

murphsan -- 

xFi Pods are devices that can be paired with a compatible xFi Gateway to create a mesh WiFi network in your home.

If you are using an additional third-party WiFi router/extender alongside your xFi Gateway, devices that connect through that router/extender may not appear and be controlled in xFi.

Pods also require one WiFi network name and password (i.e., you cannot have a separate WiFi network name and password for your 2.4 and 5 GHz radio bands). Your network still has both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands. This allows your Gateway to sort out the best connection at any given time for your devices.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!