Community Forum

Xfinity xfi app not working now

New Poster

Xfinity xfi app not working now

App was working fine...got a new device today and had called customer support to help setup gateway...new modem router is working great...now the xfi app is not registering a gateway and when trying to setup a new gateway through app its loads then sync call customer support...so frustrating...I have uninstalled app x2 and still the same response
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xfi app not working now

@Hartman911, I made a quick change on our end. Can you try accessing xFi again and let me know if you see experience an issue?

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I just purchased my xfinity compatable ARRIS router and it kicked off my pods.. How do I connect.. thank you  ED

Official Employee

Hello eddie2086. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. Our Xfinity xFi pods require the use of a leased compatible xFi Gateway. xFi pods will not work on a purchased gateway. 

Learn more about xFi pods here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Same thing is happening to me! And customer service wasn’t able to help me! How was yours resolved??
Contributor

The xFi app (android) and the xFinity xFi web page gives me "settings currently not available".  The url displayed is "https://internet.xfinity.com/gateway-offline"  but the gateway is indeed online.  Even xFinity's device status page indicates it is online.

New Poster

I’m having the same problem.
Contributor

the xFi app and webpage are now working for me... 

Official Employee

ROTH8960 and Laci1806, are you still having these issues? Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so we can take a look at this further together. I may have to make some changes on my end. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”