Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity xFi Pods - Updated Market Availability and Gateway Compatibility

Highlighted
Administrator

Xfinity xFi Pods - Updated Market Availability and Gateway Compatibility

Xfinity xFi Pods are now available for eligible customers to purchase online in select markets (Chicago, Boston and Colorado). xFi Pods are easy to install and work seamlessly with the xFi Gateway to create a mesh WiFi network for reliable coverage in every corner of the home.

While our xFi Gateways deliver reliably fast speeds and the best WiFi coverage to the vast majority of our customers, we know some homes have unique WiFi challenges due to their size, shape, age or construction. That’s why we’re introducing xFi Pods. The Pods are ideal for customers who are having WiFi coverage issues in certain areas of their home.

Xfinity Internet customer with a compatible xFi Wireless Gateway (Arris TG1682G, Cisco 3941T) or xFi Advanced Gateway (Arris TG3482G, Technicolor CGM4140COM) can purchase xFi Pods online in sets of three or six. To learn more about xFi Pods, check out these FAQs.  To purchase xFi Pods, visit xfinity.com/xfipods. Please note that access to this site is currently limited to customers in select markets.

corporate_photos-xFi-pods.jpgXfinity xFi pods

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity xFi Pods Now Available in Select Markets

A firmware upgrade fixed the problem.

All Replies
Expert

Is there a link to the technical specs?

Regular Visitor

Any idea how the confirmation works for this.  I am in the Chicago market, just got the upgraded modem/gateway, and clicked on the page to order a 3pack of the pods.  It said the charge would be added to my next bill, which is fine, but I don't see any tracking information or confirmation email, etc regarding the order for the pods.  I ordered the upgraded modem/gateway and the pods on the same day.  The gateway came quick with text confirmations and ups tracking number/updates, but I haven't heard anything on the pods delivery.

New Poster

I ordered the pods earlier this month. I received them last week and I am unable to install them. I have been on the phone with support for 6+ hours over the past week and nobody can seem to find a solution.

Using a Samsung Note8 it tells me I need a gateway firmware update and using an iPhone it tells me “let’s try that again”.

I have replaced the gateway twice now in the past week, have tried 5 different devices to install these pods; note5 note8 iPhone 6s iPhone 5s and iPhone X.

From my technical experience, I would lean towards the firmware update on the gateway not being rolled out to my location.

Allow my gateway the update it needs to use these pods.

Please assist.
Official Employee

gbgadgets1 wrote:

Any idea how the confirmation works for this.  I am in the Chicago market, just got the upgraded modem/gateway, and clicked on the page to order a 3pack of the pods.  It said the charge would be added to my next bill, which is fine, but I don't see any tracking information or confirmation email, etc regarding the order for the pods.  I ordered the upgraded modem/gateway and the pods on the same day.  The gateway came quick with text confirmations and ups tracking number/updates, but I haven't heard anything on the pods delivery.

Hello gbgadgets1, 

You should have received a confirmation email. I'll reach out to you via direct message to get some additional details and get this resolved for you. 

Thanks!
Katie

Official Employee

RobertWy wrote:

Is there a link to the technical specs?

Hi RobertWy, 

Technical specifications are available on the purchase site for xFi Pods -- xfinity.com/xfipods. However, since this site is currently limited to customers in select markets (Chicago and Boston), I included the details below. 

Wireless

• Dual band, simultaneously operating 2.4GHz and 5GHz 2x2 802.11b/g/n/ac radios
  • Operating bandwidths of 20/40MHz for 2.4GHz and 20/40/80MHz for 5GHz
  • AC1200 Gigabit Wi-Fi (300 + 867 Mbps)

Interfaces

• Gigabit Ethernet  Interface
  • Single White Color Status LED

Power

• Internal power supply:  100-240VAC, 50-60Hz,  5W Max

Frequent Visitor

I just received my 6 xFi pods from Xfinity. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the 1st pod online.
I am running version 1.6.1 of the xFi App. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey
I have one WiFi network name for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. My WiFi is password protected. The WiFi network is enabled and broadcasting.
I keep getting a “Let’s Try That Again” Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again or go back to the previous screen.

Anyone?

New Poster

I’m still unable to add my xFi Pods. And no devices show up on xFi anymore. I can’t set time restrictions due to this. I also lost all of my settings for my profiles. I am running firmware version
DPC3941_2.8p14s1_PROD_sey .

I was told that I wouldn’t lose my profiles, which is about 40 devices and took over 2 hours to set up. I need an expert on xFi to contact me and fix this situation.
Official Employee

Mattygs wrote:
I’m still unable to add my xFi Pods. And no devices show up on xFi anymore. I can’t set time restrictions due to this. I also lost all of my settings for my profiles. I am running firmware version
DPC3941_2.8p14s1_PROD_sey .

I was told that I wouldn’t lose my profiles, which is about 40 devices and took over 2 hours to set up. I need an expert on xFi to contact me and fix this situation.

Hi Mattygs, 

Thanks for your patience and apologies for these issues. An agent should have reached out to you to assist with getting your Pods set up as well as the other xFi issues you are describing. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues. Thanks!

Official Employee

Anon186362 wrote:

I just received my 6 xFi pods from Xfinity. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the 1st pod online.
I am running version 1.6.1 of the xFi App. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey
I have one WiFi network name for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. My WiFi is password protected. The WiFi network is enabled and broadcasting.
I keep getting a “Let’s Try That Again” Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again or go back to the previous screen.

Anyone?

Hi Anon186362, 

We looked into the issue and determined the problem you are experiencing is due to the firmware version running on your Cisco Gateway. We have pushed an update to your Gateway and you should now be able to activate your Pods. At your convenience, please reboot your Gateway twice and then try activating your xFi Pods.

The Gateway reboot can be done from xFi by going to the Overview section and scrolling down to Troubleshooting > Restart Your Gateway or by going to the Help section and selecting Restart Your Gateway.

Frequent Visitor

That did the trick!  I restarted the modem twice and it is now running DPC3941_2.8p15s1_PROD_sey.  I was then able to connect the six xFi Pods.

Thanks for the assistance

Regular Visitor

How can I force an update to the firmware?  I am also trying to activate the pods, and the app states I need a firmware update.  The cisco XB3 gateway is on version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey.  The only way I see for the firmware update is to unplug, wait one minute, and replug.  Is there any other way to get the latest firmware?  Thanks.

Official Employee

gbgadgets, the firmware update is scheduled to be pushed to your Gateway this afternoon. Please try rebooting your Gateway later this evening (disconnecting and re-conencting the power cord) and then you should be able to proceed with activating your pods. Let us know if you run into any issues.

New Poster

Any idea on an ETA for the Denver market?
Official Employee

awally wrote:
Any idea on an ETA for the Denver market?

Hi awally, 

Thank you for your interest in xFi Pods! I don't have an exact date to share just yet, but we are targeting the first half of 2018. We'll be sure to update this thread with more details as they are available. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I am facing the same problem. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey. I got 3 XFi pods and get the same error "please try again". I tried from multiple phones. I called Comcast and they said level 2 support will call within 24-48 hours. Is there something that can be done before that by somebody on this forum? I am in the Boston market.

Regular Visitor

A firmware upgrade fixed the problem.

Official Employee

civ4 wrote:

I am facing the same problem. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey. I got 3 XFi pods and get the same error "please try again". I tried from multiple phones. I called Comcast and they said level 2 support will call within 24-48 hours. Is there something that can be done before that by somebody on this forum? I am in the Boston market.

Hi civ4, 

We have pushed an update to your Gateway. At your convenience, please reboot your Gateway twice and then try activating your xFi Pods again.

The Gateway reboot can be done from xFi by going to the Overview section and scrolling down to Troubleshooting > Restart Your Gateway or by going to the Help section and selecting Restart Your Gateway.

Thank you for your patience. 

Regular Visitor

After multiple conversations, calls and visits to an Xfinitiy store I was able to order online today!  The journey has been a challenge and many Xfinity representatives are not educated in this new product.  One person suggested I go to Wall Mart and buy and extender?  I now read the challenges others have had connecting the Pods.  A firmware update appears to be available. Will this be pushed to me prior to receiving the Pods or do I have to request that later?

Expert

djm35 wrote:

After multiple conversations, calls and visits to an Xfinitiy store I was able to order online today!  The journey has been a challenge and many Xfinity representatives are not educated in this new product.  One person suggested I go to Wall Mart and buy and extender?  I now read the challenges others have had connecting the Pods.  A firmware update appears to be available. Will this be pushed to me prior to receiving the Pods or do I have to request that later?

If you don't have the update when you try to install, you will have to request it.  There is no "syncing" of the order and firmware updates.

Regular Visitor

Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi djm35, we had your device upgraded to the Cisco 3941t firmware version that is compatible with Pods. You should be good to onboard your pods when you receive the shipment in the mail. 

Before onboarding your pods, we do ask that you reboot your Gateway twice to complete the firmware upgrade. The Gateway reboot can be done from xFi by going to the Overview section and scrolling down to Troubleshooting > Restart Your Gateway or by going to the Help section and selecting Restart Your Gateway.

Regular Visitor

I am in Chicago area and have the correct router I need the pods, cause wifi drops out in our bedroom. I have been told by chat sessions, tech visits and phone calls to go to store to get them. Went to store. First lady didn't even know what they are, and second guy said we have not had them and won't for a while. Can't order them online cause it says not available in my area. I want to order 3 pack but don't know how to get them.
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I have the same problem. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.8p14s1_PROD_sey. I have been working on getting these Pods installed now for over 8 hours across three days.  I am now on hold (again) with a Comcast rep and although she is trying to help, she cannot locate anyone on how to get the firmware upgraded.  Their wireless gateway department is saying it cannot be done ad that it's done automatically.  Can anyone tell me how they got to the right area in Comcast to send the upgraded firmware?  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I am in PA (south central) WHEN will we be able to get the pods? Why do they release products before EVERYONE can get them? It’s stupid and discriminatory in a way. Don’t put out an item until it can be purchased by all. Period. Why do they advertise something and then have the vast majority of customers find out they can’t even get it?? Why dangle the carrot? Typical of Comcast...
New Poster

tweber64 - don't be too disappointed!  We 'lucky' ones are bearing the brunt (and scars) for being the early adopters.  This product is not ready even for a limited distribution.  No one I have spoken to at Comcast (and there have been many) has had any training on the product and most haven't even heard of it.  Nor is there any way to get support.  As you can see from these threads, there are many, many problems.  Even now, three days into this journey, it doesn't work and I so far have no solid solution in sight other than the possibility that a router firmware upgrade might do the trick.  And I'm told that may take 48 hours plus to get someone to actually initiate the upgrade!  Oh, and by the way, somehow during the many trials and errors I've lost phone connectivity.  Very sloppy product roll-out.  Frustrating. 

Official Employee

bsoldi wrote:

tweber64 - don't be too disappointed!  We 'lucky' ones are bearing the brunt (and scars) for being the early adopters.  This product is not ready even for a limited distribution.  No one I have spoken to at Comcast (and there have been many) has had any training on the product and most haven't even heard of it.  Nor is there any way to get support.  As you can see from these threads, there are many, many problems.  Even now, three days into this journey, it doesn't work and I so far have no solid solution in sight other than the possibility that a router firmware upgrade might do the trick.  And I'm told that may take 48 hours plus to get someone to actually initiate the upgrade!  Oh, and by the way, somehow during the many trials and errors I've lost phone connectivity.  Very sloppy product roll-out.  Frustrating. 

Hi bsoldi, 

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues.  Your Gateway has the required version for xFi Pods (DPC3941_2.8p14s1_PROD_sey). If you are still unable to activate your Pods, please let me know and I can assist. Feel free to private message me with the details. 

New Poster

When are they coming to Michigan
Frequent Visitor

I am literally across the street from chicago houses. I am 15 minutes from Downtown Chicago, I am in park ridge, yet i cannot order the pods, can a Comcast mod please reach out to me to assist me with this??

Official Employee

Hi zachleez, thank you for reaching out. At this time, xFi Pods are available to Boston and Chicago area Xfinity Internet customers with one of the two compatible Gateways - Arris 1682G and Cisco 3941T.  Please check back as we will continue to post updates about availability and compatible devices here.

Official Employee

Hi Markese1984, thank you for your interest in xFi Pods! I don't have an exact date to share just yet, but we are targeting the first half of 2018. We'll be sure to update this thread with more details as they are available. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I have the Cisco 3941T router. I am in Chicago area. I have been trying for a month to get the pods. Per chat sessions, phone calls, store visits, and tech visits to my house, I need the pods to reach a room in my house that has no service. So what is the magic trick I have to do?
Official Employee

Steve721, you should be able to order pods through the site: xfinity.com/xfipods

If you are unable to complete the order please send me a Private Message with your service address and I can have the team look into it. 

Frequent Visitor

To bsoldi:
Thank you, you are right! I would rather not have them if they are laden with problems. But what I don’t understand is why a HUGE conglomerate like Cr*pcast, oops, I mean Comcast continually releases products to a “select area”-and before they are ready-and then the early birds go through what you are and the others are left waiting and wondering. Just wait and put out a decent product to everyone, done. But employees working for that co not knowing how to help or do their job is commonplace at Comcast. I’ve had to call several times on the same issues in the past before I could find someone who knew what to do. They DONT train their employees. Even the techs that come to install tell us that. It’s ALL so frustrating and they OWN the market on cable and internet at least in my area. No other choice at all for cable and not great internet so we are stuck and they know it and they continue to capitalize on it. Grrrrr <BR /> Good luck to you!!
Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Kate - I have this same problem.  Would you be able to push the Firmware Upgrade to me?

New Poster

I recently ordered the xFi pods. I should been receiving them by the end of the week. How can I upgrade my firmwear on my ARRIS TG3482G if needed. The current firmwear is version TG3482_2.8p16s1_PROD_sey, is this compatable?

Michael

Expert

m_church1 wrote:

I recently ordered the xFi pods. I should been receiving them by the end of the week. How can I upgrade my firmwear on my ARRIS TG3482G if needed. The current firmwear is version TG3482_2.8p16s1_PROD_sey, is this compatable?

Michael

It might be possible to force an update if it is available by pressing the reset button on the back of the gateway for at least 30 seconds.  WARNING:  the gateway's SSID's and passwords will be reset to the factory default; if you changed them, you will have to change them again.

Official Employee

Hi Oskee1, we will have the firmware pushed to your Gateway later today, I will reach when completed. 

Official Employee

m_church1 wrote:

Michael

Hi m_church1, please know that the xFi Pods are not yet compatible with the Arris TG3482G Gateway model at this time. You can continue to check back on this thread as we will post updates regarding Gateway compatibility here when available. 

Expert

ComcastBrittany wrote:

m_church1 wrote:

Michael

Hi m_church1, please know that the xFi Pods are not yet compatible with the Arris TG3482G Gateway model at this time. You can continue to check back on this thread as we will post updates regarding Gateway compatibility here when available. 

Thanks for that information.

Official Employee

Oskee1, the firmware required for the Cisco 3941 device has been pushed to your Gateway. At your convenience, please reboot your Gateway twice (either through xFi Gateway Restart or by powr cycling) and then try onboarding your Pods. 

Let us know if you run into any issues!

Frequent Visitor

When will the XFi Pods become available for the XB6 in the Richmond Va area?
Regular Visitor

In help and support forums you typically only get messages related to problems and issues needing help and support (which is what the forum is there for).  Other messages would just be clutter I suppose, including this one I am writing.  However, I would like to say that I had an issue getting the original online order confirmed (resolved quickly in this forum), had an issue setting up the pods (firmware update pushed quickly from this forum), and the pods have been working great ever since.  So, I had two issues from this 'select markets rollout', that in theory, comcast will work to resolve before rolling out nationwide, and I can say that the pods (at least in my house) are 'hands off, maintenance free' awesome for expanding good wifi coverage throughout.  I have had no issues for almost a month and much better whole house wifi coverage than mish mash of setup I had before.  These plume pods are legit.

Expert

gbgadgets1 wrote:

In help and support forums you typically only get messages related to problems and issues needing help and support (which is what the forum is there for).  Other messages would just be clutter I suppose, including this one I am writing.  However, I would like to say that I had an issue getting the original online order confirmed (resolved quickly in this forum), had an issue setting up the pods (firmware update pushed quickly from this forum), and the pods have been working great ever since.  So, I had two issues from this 'select markets rollout', that in theory, comcast will work to resolve before rolling out nationwide, and I can say that the pods (at least in my house) are 'hands off, maintenance free' awesome for expanding good wifi coverage throughout.  I have had no issues for almost a month and much better whole house wifi coverage than mish mash of setup I had before.  These plume pods are legit.

Thanks for the report.  I tried to get the XB6 but it isn't available in my market yet.  I had to do something about my poor wifi, so I purchased the Orbi, which fixed it.

Frequent Visitor

I have tired out the Eero Pro 3 Pods. They worked great for a month but family did not like the Eero Plus filters so I end up returning them. I’m still waiting for the XFi pods to become available until the I will have to deal with the poor signal range on the XB6.
Regular Visitor

Hello, we bought the pods in Philly this week and are trying to set up them up and it we get the “please try again” when merging the names of the 2 WiFi nets (2.4 and 5). Current firmware is DPC3941_2.8p17s1_PROD_sey
Expert

wrote:
I have tired out the Eero Pro 3 Pods. They worked great for a month but family did not like the Eero Plus filters so I end up returning them. I’m still waiting for the XFi pods to become available until the I will have to deal with the poor signal range on the XB6.

I couldn't wait for the pods so I installed Orbi.  Velop is also a good choice.  I like the small size of the xFi pods.

Regular Visitor

I have had a month of ordering issues. Nobody from Comcast knew what to do. I am in Chicagoland and have the correct router. I finally posted on here and through some above and beyond, in my opinion, hard work, Comcast Brittany made it happen. I installed them, named them, and had them providing wifi to my whole house in 10 minutes. It says over the next few days they will be updating themselves to provide better coverage. Well it's working terrific right now!
Comcast Brittany is the bomb!
Thank you
Frequent Visitor

I was concerning going with the Velop after reading some reviews and do an exchange. After I found out the prices for the XFi Pods it would be cheaper to get them instead. The Eero Pro where $465 at Best Buy also add on a discount of 15% off after returning an old router paid $417 We only have 2 dead spots and 1 area where speed is slow, so I am just going to wait it out. The XB6 is fast on the gigabit plan 1187.3 mbps and it can handle all my 35+ devices.