Community Forum

Xfinity pods

Regular Visitor

Xfinity pods

Can I put 2 pods on each floor of a 3 level house? Gateway is on the top floor and signal is weak in some areas of each floor because walls are plaster with steel lath.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity pods

@mritucci718 wrote:
Can I put 2 pods on each floor of a 3 level house? Gateway is on the top floor and signal is weak in some areas of each floor because walls are plaster with steel lath.

I don't have the xFi Pods; I have the Orbi system.

You can place the pods wherever you want to maximize the coverage; trial and error is recommended. <VBG>

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

mritucci718 --

Pods are designed to work in sets to extend WiFi coverage. Your first Pod needs to be placed with at least one room separating it from your compatible xFi Gateway (within approximately 20 to 30 feet). Then, your remaining Pods should be plugged into outlets throughout your home, evenly spaced from each other and the Gateway to ensure even coverage. These guidelines vary depending on the size of your home, the placement of your Gateway and the home construction materials used.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Best answer...