Community Forum

Xfinity cable box connection

New Poster

Xfinity cable box connection

I access Netflix through the cable box but for some reason I can’t see the data usage on the xFi app. Is there a way to add it to the app so that we can monitor the usage?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity cable box connection

@Rparker1416 wrote:
I access Netflix through the cable box but for some reason I can’t see the data usage on the xFi app. Is there a way to add it to the app so that we can monitor the usage?

I haven't found a way.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

At this time, xFi only shows network activity for WiFi/ethernet connected devices on your network. Xfinity set-top boxes are not currently included in the list of devices monitored through the xFi app, but we thank you for this suggestion. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

At this time, xFi only shows network activity for WiFi/ethernet connected devices on your network. Xfinity set-top boxes are not currently included in the list of devices monitored through the xFi app, but we thank you for this suggestion. 

FYI, my X1 set-top-boxes do appear in my xFi app.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Apologies, the wording in my last post was not totally clear. The set-top boxes may appear in the list of Devices in xFi, however the activity streaming on those set-top boxes (Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, etc.)  is not reflected in xFi. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

RobertWy, to ammend my last comment. Non-WiFi  STBs should not show in the xFi devices list. The team is looking into this. I will post an update when I have one. 

Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

RobertWy, to ammend my last comment. Non-WiFi  STBs should not show in the xFi devices list. The team is looking into this. I will post an update when I have one. 

Thank you.  I had no idea I shouldn't be seeing my X1 STB's.

An additional piece of information; I am using the Netgear Orbi instead of the XB6 wifi.  And the X1 boxes are showing up as MoCA connections.