Community Forum

Xfinity Pods Never Connect to devices

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Pods Never Connect to devices

I spaced my pods (3) through the house and all are online. Most devices still work fine. I was looking to get better coverage on my back porch for my phone so I placed one of the pods in the kitchen (the kitchen door goes to the back porch) When I take my phone to the back porch it still loses signal. I checked the pod in the kitchen and it does not show anything connected (phone is still trying to connect to gateweay). Why won't it connect to the pod? I stood next to the pod in the kitchen and it will still not connect. When I go on to my back porch there is a brick wall between me and the gateway, from what I have read this is not ideal for 5g connections and would probably work better on the 2.4 band. Why does it never try and connect to the 2.4? When I was using my own modem and router I had no problem with signal on back porch (of course I was using the 2.4 band). The other problem is the bedroom upstairs on the other side of the house. I installed one pod in the hallway just outside the bedroom. I still get a very weak signal in that bedroom. I checked and that pod does not show connecting to my phone either. None of the pods ever connect to any devices.  I did connect to one of them with and ethernet  cable just to insure they were working and that worked OK.  If I can't get connections the pods to connect to devices then I think I will have to take the pods back and hook my old modem and router? Any suggestions?