Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfi port forward not working "We're Having Some Trouble"

New Poster

Xfi port forward not working "We're Having Some Trouble"

can someone please help me understand why I am not able to port forward any more on my Xfi Modem?

I go into the modem click on Advanced -> port forward and am told to go to  xfinity.com/myxfi  which I do and everytime I try to add a port I get the following message either on my computer or my Xfi app on my phone.  "We're Having Some Trouble"  Please try again. If the problem persists check back later  (Try Again).  I have tried and tried and tried,  waited and tried again always the same message.

Expert

Re: Xfi port forward not working "We're Having Some Trouble"

New Poster

I fixed my issue by changing the subnet of my internal LAN, and changing it back to previous settings.  Now I can update firewall rules. 

New Poster

Yes I'm sure he did see that thread, as have I. I said it in there and I'll say it here too, support regarding port forwarding is utter garbage... something that worked completely fine in the past is now broken and yet they blame the constumers instead of helping, or we get brushed aside to other threads or sometimes chat support provides the infamous "dump" phone number (1-800-934-6489) that no one ever answers!