Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfi pods not working with Ethernet

New Poster

Xfi pods not working with Ethernet

Hello,

I have sucessfully set up my 6 xfi pods with my Arris TG1682G, Revision 11.0, Firmware TG1682_2.8p15s1_PROD_sey so I am up and running.

However, the setup only works properly when the pods are without an ethernet cable. When I plugged two of the pods into a few long ethernet cables which are connected to the gateway then the mesh network becomes unstable. My iphone connects to the wifi but then reports 'no internet connection.' All problems went away when i removed the pods, disconnected the ethernet cables, then readded the pods.

Is this a known issue? I have technical background and happy to provide any additional information if that's helpful to diagnose.

Official Employee

Re: Xfi pods not working with Ethernet

Hi marstonstudio, we thank you for providing this feedback. 

The pods have been configured to be a completely wireless experience starting with the onboarding process. Through the xFi App, your pods can be onboarded one of two ways: either through Bluetooth or through manual serial number entry. The successful onboarding of your pods will activate the mesh network across your network devices (Gateway and pods). 

Onboarding xFi Pods does not require an ethernet connection and we would like to advise against this as it will cause issues in the activation process. The team is looking into providing clear messaging around this. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions/comments.