Community Forum

Xfi pods are slow

New Poster

Xfi pods are slow

Yesterday I tried to update the internet in the house. I had an older xfinity modem and a few dead spots. It was recommended that I update the modem a use the pods. Ok so I did that. I hooked up the new modem, set it up, and did a bunch of speed test throughout the house. With the new modem the dead spots weren't as bad, but still had a couple. For the areas near the modem it was working great, running a steady 275-300 mbps. Here's the fun part. I started to install the pods and all went to $&#@. After the pods were hooked up and communicating with the modem I started to do speed test. Nowhere in the house was getting above 50mbps max. Not even next to the modem. I tried many different configurations, and nothing worked. Then I discontinued all the pods, did a full reset of the modem. Ran a speed test at the modem with no pods and still the speed was only 45/50 max. Tried a reset again and same thing, 45/50 max. Now I'm getting really aggravated. So after 2 long aggravating days, I bring the modem and pods back to xfinity. The guy tells me that the modem is bad, and has had many complaints about the pods. So he gives me a new modem and ask if I want to try the pods again, really? WT#! NO! Now I hooked up the new modem and the speed is right back to 275/300, but same dead spots. So now I'm stuck. I need to fix the dead spots, but don't know if I can trust trying the pods again.  Help me here Xfinity

New Poster

Re: Xfi pods are slow

Ok so this is where I'm at now. Speed in the house with the new modem is a steady 350 except in the dead spots. I borrowed a pod today to try again. Just like before, anything that hooks into the pod has a max speed of 50/60 that's it. Again I ask, Xfinity why are the pods so slow? 

New Poster

Xfinity why are the pods so slow

Help me out here Xfinity. Why are the pods so slow? The max speed I get from a pod is 50/60. I read that the pods are capable of 200. I get 350 from the modem but as soon as I connect to a pod 50/60 max. It doesn't matter where I put the pod, 50/60 max. I see a lot of people have the same problem. For what it cost to have your services, this is not acceptable. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity why are the pods so slow

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!