Community Forum

Xfi new device connected

New Poster

Xfi new device connected

A couple days ago I started receiving notifications from my xfi app that a new unknown device had connected to my network. Since then I have probably received 50 notifications of new devices all with different names such as hitachi-9d86 and Beijingne-4018. Yesterday all the devices under device detail said the connection type was moca. Today it says 2.4ghz band. None of the devices stay connected for long and none have an ip address listed. If I pause one of these devices when they are listed as active a different new named connection takes its place immediately. I have tried multiple calls to the CSA center but they are not sure what is going on. I saw an old thread where Comcastbrittany had helped people with this same issue but I have been unable to resolve this issue on my own. Thank you in advance!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfi new device connected

I'm having the exact same issue and have made multiple calls to customer service and they have not been helpful.

Regular Contributor

I don’t think CSA deals with that issue even though it sounds like they should. Call 1-800-Xfinity and ask for a  wireless technician. You can also PM Comcast Brittany and she will investigate it. 

Official Employee

Hi @GoDawgs1, & @GoHawks1, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but I would be happy to help look into it. 

Can you each provide me with some examples of devices in xFi that do not match up with a physical device in your home? You can send me a Private Message with this information - to send a PM, click on my name and then the blue "Send a Message" button. 

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Brittany,
Thank you for you offer... Hoping I have everything fixed. I was asked by a Comcast technical support representative to change my wifi password. I changed it and immediately thought what a hassle it would be to have to reconnect all my devices to the new password so I immediately changed it back to the old password. For whatever reason I have not had any new unknown device connections since then. Hopefully it will stay that way!
New Poster

I have had the same problems. At first I could click the “name this device” option and pause the connection, but I can’t even do that anymore.
I already changed my WiFi name and password and am still getting “hacked” by these new users connecting. Please provide a solution!
Official Employee

I'm glad to hear this, I hope the password change helped resolve this completely. Please let me know if you start experiencing this again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@KimmyMom4, I'm sorry you are experiencing this as well, but I would be happy to help look into it. 

Do you have a WiFi extender, network switch or another router connected to your network? 

Can you please provide me with some examples of devices in xFi that do not match up with a physical device in your home?

You can send me a Private Message with this information - to send a PM, click on my name and then the blue "Send a Message" button. 

Thanks!